lookin for good headphone on a budget, good bass is a must
May 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ironslave

New Head-Fier
i am looking for a good set of headphone i can get for less then 60$ ish.

I am deploying for a while and dont want to spend a bunch of money on somthing that is likely to break, or get full of sand. any suggestions?

May 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 17
JVC RX700 sounds like what you want... but those are OOS all over.
You can order them on amazon.. but the wait to ship is very long.

Sounds like a portable set would be better for you though...
Denon D1001's would be good.. but they are a bit more expensive
~$80 at the lowest..

May 13, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #8 of 17
I am not looking for fart cannon bass, I am so used to buying headphone after headphone with no good bass response, I think all these years on planes have messed my hearing up a bit. on top of that I listen to alot of modern rock and hip hop type stuff.

May 13, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinR70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
senn px100

Glad someone has already mentioned this as it was the first one that popped in my head.

Had this for several years and it was my intro to good audio equipment. It's exactly what you're looking for.

I've outgrown this pair now that I've heard the better stuff though. Now that my ear has been trained a bit to appreciate the mids and highs more, the bass of the Px100 has started to sound flatulent and muddy; but if you're looking for <$60, bassy cans... it would be difficult to do better than the PX100's.

May 13, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #10 of 17
looking around I am thinking about the Sony XB500's those huge things look so comfy. I will be wearing these things for extended periods of time (5+ Hrs) and a review on this forum for the 700's made me look at the 500's, they sound more suited for me... although I think sony makes horrible speakers for car and home audio.

May 13, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by lastdodobird /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(snip) but if you're looking for <$60, bassy cans... it would be difficult to do better than the PX100's.

Portapro or the already mentioned KSC 75. They do sound like the Px100s but are said to have more low and top end. I don't have the PX, but I have the portapro and the KSC 75 and I would say that they are both bass heavy, although the modded KSC 75 has a nice high end as well.

May 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #13 of 17
My XB500's came in, The bass is loud and clear in these, I have had only a few minutes to listen to them but the highs are nice and clear and the bass is as well. The mids seem a little faded out but i need to listen to much more to make a decision.

the Ear muffs feel amazing! I could wear these for hours, but I need to get some sort of padding for the top as it isnt padded very well.

a great deal for 60$

May 20, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #14 of 17
I would recommend the portapros they are not the best out there but if you like bass and you got 40 dollars you wont be disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back