Look what the UPS guy just delivered... (56K warning)
Apr 5, 2006 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

wowie11

100+ Head-Fier
What can brown do for me? Let's take a look shall we?

Hmmm...

What do we have here?

The suspense is killing me!

Sweet English Goldring DR150 lovin'

Nice um...package...

What?!?! It uses a nice interconnect as its cable?

More impressions as I listen...watch for it!

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 83
I'm really looking forward to your impressions on these headphones. I've been curious since somebody introduced them here a few months ago. Let them burn in and please compair them to your current phones.

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 83
They look like Sennheisers!

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 83
Holy crap! What can brown do for you? Play soccer with your package maybe? That shipping carton looks like it's been run over multiple times.
basshead.gif
Looks like your new cans made it through the experience OK though.

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 83
Those are new to me. Please tell us how they sound once you burn em in.

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #7 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Holy crap! What can brown do for you? Play soccer with your package maybe? That shipping carton looks like it's been run over multiple times.
basshead.gif
Looks like your new cans made it through the experience OK though.

It does kinda look like the package from Ace Ventura. Who sent it, where'd you buy them from?

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #8 of 83
Congrats. Let us know what impressions once you listen to them.

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #9 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
It does kinda look like the package from Ace Ventura. Who sent it, where'd you buy them from?

LOL...I know...I was worried as hell when I first saw the package...it looked like they were playing street hockey with it. Thankfully the phones found it to me in one piece. Initial impressions? I'm listening to it through my Sony D5A > Z-Audio Lambda > DR150. The details...wow! Quite impressive...listening to a little bit of Paul van Dyke with it and it's all there...nice punchy bass, impressive mids, although the treble is a bit sharp right now. I am thinking this will calm down with burn in. The phones are pretty comfortable because they are really light and have the velour ear pads like the Beyers. The gripping power is intense though. I have a smallish head and it is pretty tight. More impressions as these puppies burn in....

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #11 of 83
I've seen two impressions of these, both very positive. For the money these babies could be a real big hit. I'll let some time pass and see who gets them, but from what is being said, these could be an awesome low end can.

Apr 5, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #14 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
I have a strong feeling these could be the KCS75s of headphones!
icon10.gif

I dont think theyre even close to being that cheap????... I certainly HOPE they are
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back