Look stupid when wearing A900
Jun 12, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by raaj
Man this was one of those photos that kept me grinning wide for a long time after I saw it.. I pity the poor guy in the pic wearing those phones, as his face gets bandied like a "I am a stooooopid freak" smiley in every thread that talks about weird looks of some headphones...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

you PITY HIM?????? look at the freaking house!!!! i want that house soooooooo bad... look at the veiw :O
frown.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #19 of 36
Hey I wore my HD-280's at work...
smily_headphones1.gif

k1000smile.gif

Then there is always the K1000

Jun 12, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #21 of 36
I enjoy wearing the A100ti in the public. I oftens take it with me on the plane ride thanks to it superb isolation. I also thought about wearing my CD3K at work but I believe that my office mate will laugh at me. I second wearing grado at work to if you have your own office.

Jun 12, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot
Who wants to be the first one to mod a500/a900s with a different headband? Any daring souls?

if you supply us with the headphones, im sure some of us will be willing to modify it...
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
if you supply us with the headphones, im sure some of us will be willing to modify it...
biggrin.gif

Who knows. Its possible that I may do an ATH headband mod when I buy a pair of these cans again.

Does anybody know if there is any place that sells replacement grado headbands?

Also, how does the headband adjustment on the grados work? You have a metal stick, and something to hold it in place? Does it have click stops or is it just a stick? And the clamp that holds the metal stick, how does it adjust and tighten on the stick?

Jun 12, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
Jecklin_Float_Model_1s.jpg

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I bet you could fashion a beer helmet out of a one of those behemoths.

Theres an ATM machine near me that has a headphone jack (no, I don't know why). I'm kind of tempted to take my A900s down there to see if I get any funny looks.
cool.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 7:18 AM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot
Who knows. Its possible that I may do an ATH headband mod when I buy a pair of these cans again.

Does anybody know if there is any place that sells replacement grado headbands?

Also, how does the headband adjustment on the grados work? You have a metal stick, and something to hold it in place? Does it have click stops or is it just a stick? And the clamp that holds the metal stick, how does it adjust and tighten on the stick?

No click stops... just kinda tight.
Sometimes they get the clearences right and fits well, sometimes it's too loose.

It's not bad
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2004 at 9:53 PM Post #29 of 36
People, what is with all the "I wanna' look cool with my can on" threads? It's about the sound, not the look...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 15, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #30 of 36
I've worn my AKG 271s on the bus and not gotten any bad looks. Maybe it's because they look kinda sorta like DJ cans so some people think they are cool. The 271s look pretty good off my head, but my head is small so I look quite rediculous with them on. Grados are about the only cans that don't look ultra-huge on me. But as OneMalt said, who cares about looks when it sounds good. My 271s isolate pretty well so I can mostly ignore the idiots around me shouting on their cellphones, yelling at each other, and the bus A/C system noise. I have part of a black sock covering each earpad to make them more comfy and make my ears sweat less, so my phones look a bit ghetto. I don't care if I look stupid, as long as I can relax to the music
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back