Long time since last Toronto meet?
Sep 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #61 of 78
I can be free that day, so if you don't mind my bringing mostly stuff you've heard before, I'd be in. At least I have a new DAC since we last did a meet, but I can't seem to find proper amplification used, so my rig is still in a transitional/shambolic state.

Also, I can vouch that Punkaroo's meets (and food!) are indeed good times
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #62 of 78
Quote:
I'm in!

I don't have a DAC at the moment, but I can bring my laptop, Dynahi and Grado HP-2.  Would be great to borrow a DAC for the meet, the Dynahi + HP2 are a sexy combo. 

I have an MHDT Havana and an E-MU 0404 that I'm not using at the moment, so I could bring either of those, if you like.

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #63 of 78
The Havana looks cool, always loved older R2R DACs.

As usual, I'll raffle off a DIY amp at the meet, all proceeds go to paying for event.  If it's a house, it can go to drinks/snacks/etc with rest going to owner. :)  This time it's a "naked" 12AU7 + MOSFET hybrid - sounds great, but keep it away from cell phones!

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #67 of 78
Do we have a time for the meet? Need to schedule with my daughters mom.

If I manage it in the schedule, I'll bring my assortment of DACs (all USB):  a BantanDAC, AlienDAC, gamma1, grubDAC, pup1 (PCM1794a).

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #68 of 78
herro

if it's cool with the gracious host, i'd like to check out this meet on the 11th of september. 

i can only tag along my ms1i with bowl pads though, i'm still new with this whole headphone virus thingy.

so it'd be nice to check out various headphones and amps, so i know where i'll waste my next welfare cheque :)

ta ta.

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #69 of 78

Quote:

I have an MHDT Havana

Crap. I've been eying the Havana for around a year and just never pulled the trigger on it aaaaand the 11th is too short of notice for me to book off. 

Here's what we're going to do... I'll give someone my amp and phones, hook it up to the Havana, give me a call at work and place the cellphone's mic in between the drivers so I can hear it! This idea is too genius to fail.

If the 11th falls through and we're sticking to weekends, I'm available the 26th and most Mondays! Or I can currently book off just about any Saturday in October.

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #70 of 78
Hey Pat - it looks like you only have a few committed members and even less committed gear.  I was also looking forward to meeting FallenAngel as he was one of those
earlier Head-fiers that got me into the obsession (the Jecklins I always bring were originally purchased from FallenAngel).  Any chance of a later date where we
can get a few more seasoned members and associated equipment to make the drive from up north all the more doable?

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #71 of 78

Quote:
Crap. I've been eying the Havana for around a year and just never pulled the trigger on it aaaaand the 11th is too short of notice for me to book off. 

Here's what we're going to do... I'll give someone my amp and phones, hook it up to the Havana, give me a call at work and place the cellphone's mic in between the drivers so I can hear it! This idea is too genius to fail.

If the 11th falls through and we're sticking to weekends, I'm available the 26th and most Mondays! Or I can currently book off just about any Saturday in October.

Wouldn't it be better to use two cellphones and two extensions on your work end, for stereo sound?
tongue.gif

I keep meaning to sell my Havana though, so if you're potentially interested, I'm sure we could arrange a time for you to listen to it.

Sep 3, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #72 of 78
What about September 18th?

Sep 3, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #73 of 78

Quote:
What about September 18th?

Well, I do have that weekend booked off, but it's my vacation weekend at my cottage!

Quote:

Wouldn't it be better to use two cellphones and two extensions on your work end, for stereo sound?
tongue.gif

I keep meaning to sell my Havana though, so if you're potentially interested, I'm sure we could arrange a time for you to listen to it.

I like the way you think, sir! I don't know if I'll be able to afford one before the new year with all the random things that will be stealing my money. I'd love to hear it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back