Long live the K1000...
Aug 22, 2013 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

amcananey

Forever a 500+ Head-Fier
I have a ton of headphones, including the HD800s, HE-6s, D7000s, Ultrasone Pros, etc., but I continue to be amazed by the AKG K1000s. Properly amped, they deliver a unique experience that really has no parallel. Anyone who has written these gems off as outdated relics is missing out...

[Side note: the K1000s are often maligned as lacking in bass. I don't want to get into arguments over the amount or quality of K1000 bass, but I don't recall anyone pointing out that  the K1000s definitely deliver very visceral bass in a way I haven't really experienced with other headphones (even with Audez'e cans or bass-heavy headphones like the Ultrasone Signature DJs and V-Moda M100s). I am referring to the direct connection between the K1000 pads and your temple or the sides of your skull. I find that this bone contact does an excellent job of conducting bass vibrations right into your skull, so that you don't just "hear" bass, you also "feel" it in a way that is much closer (though obviously not identical) to the feeling of listening to speakers. Circumaural headphones tend to have relatively soft cushions for comfort reasons, so they cannot replicate this aspect of the K1000s. I personally find this very pleasant and satisfying. As someone who loves bass, I rarely find that the K1000s leave me wanting (of course, I don't reach for them when I want to listen to bass-thumping anthems, either). 
size]
]

Best regards,
Adam

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 6
Aug 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 6
There is a pronounced difference in bass reproduction between my K1000's.
Some would call it night and day.

The bass light ones have a marvellous mid range.

Nov 20, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Hello K1000 or K1K owners!

Again, I want to mention that already in year 2014, I was asked by a view guys of you, to develop kind of "follower" of the AKG K1000 based on today's technology.

Nowadays it became reality.
"K1000 upgrade is there and it's called "MYSPHERE 3"

My partners and me invested 2 full years for development time apart from huge investment. (b.t.w. it's one of the shortest development times in this industry based on pure know how)
The supply chain for all parts is fixed (98% EU based) and production capacity is in place in VIenna - Austria (we rump-ed up slowly beginning 2018).

Some details you find there: www.mysphere.at
...including what the press believe about.

Much more interesting may be, what the community here is mentioning about:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mys...gn-build-quality.819658/page-57#post-14601749

Please check this brand-new K1000 upgrade! I'm convinced you would become enthusiastic too! Give them a chance!

Furthermore:
I'm personally very happy to announce at this place first time, that we as LB-acoustics working for MYSPHERE, agreed to partnership with WOO-Audio from now onward for the US market.
This means for you guys living in the USA, you get full exceptional service directly. Just check here:
https://wooaudio.com/headphones/mysphere

BR yours heinz

10149263.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back