London Meet - Crouch End - Sun 30th July '06
Jun 8, 2006 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

doctorjuggles

Member of the Trade: Cable Builder
Well, after a couple of successful mini meets and a lot of interest from other people around the London area, Vic and I decided on Sunday to set a date and place for a London meet. All are welcome, it's not a London meet for Londoners only, obviously.

Vic has kindly offered up his place in Crouch End, North London for the last weekend in July, the date we're planning is Sunday the 30th of July.

At the moment we're trying to get a firm idea of numbers, because if their is a great deal of interest, an alternative venue will need to be sought. Right now, though, we're sticking with this plan and taking it from there.

Apologies to all in the UK who can't make London or can't make the date we've set, but the tip-toeing and "where and when should we have it" approach seems to have ended in interest dying out of the national meet. Because of this, we thought it would be best to set a firm date and place and if you can't make it, I'm really sorry. Maybe next time. For now, we're just trying to get something happening. So the dates and venue are set, barring large scale interest which would require a bigger venue.

Definite attendees so far:
doctorjuggles
Vic
StevieDvd
viper_45
stewtheking
Fr_eak
MarkyMark
practitioner

Possible attendees so far:
Comrade Penguin
Colhd
taran
Feanor

Current kit-list that will/could be available at the meet:

doctorjuggles:
Audio Technica ATH-A900LTD
Shure E5c (if I haven't sold it already because I prefer the E500)
Shure E500 (if it has arrived on time)
Ray Samuels "The Raptor"
Ray Samuels "The Hornet"
A.N.T. Audio "Amber"
Meier Audio Corda "Headfive"
Musical Fidelity X-Ray v3 CD player
Benchmark DAC1

Vic:
Sennheiser HD650 w/ Enigma cable
AKG K701
Sony MDR-SA5000
Audio Technica ATH-W5000 'Raffinato'
Lavry DA10
Original Master
Resolution Audio Opus 21 CD player
Xin Supermini
iRiver H140

viper_45:
Koss KSC-75
Shure E4c
Sony V6
WNA headamp
HE90 + amp if he can find a lift (for the love of God, someone give viper_45 a lift!)

StevieDvd:
Sennheiser HD650 Zu Mobius XLR balanced
Grado HHF1
Creek CD50 mk1
Benchmark Dac1
Meier Corda Mkii SE
RS SR71
RS Hornet (upgraded)
HR microamp
HR microdac
Ipod 30gb video with qables.com dock connector
Westone UM2
WNA Mk1
Ety ER4p
Alessandro MS2i headphiled
Alessandro MS1 headphiled
AKG 26p (the good ones)
ATH FC7
HD201 recabled

stewtheking:
HD580's
ATH-7's (i'll need to borrow a speaker amp, as mine is bulk-tastic)
SR60's
HD201
KSC75
E5c
Millet Hybrid
Unity Gain Cmoy
iPod

Comrade Penguin:
Alessandro MS1
Sennheiser HD 540
FC7s
PX 100s
Rio Karma

Colhd:
iMac G5
Chord dac64
Rudistor RP 010 Classic
Qualia 010

Fr_eak:
Alessandro MS-Pro
Melos SHA-1
Audio Alchemy DDE V3.0

MarkyMark:
Sugden CDMaster
Sugden Headmaster
Beyer DT880 headphones
Beyer DT990 Pro headphones
VDH First Ultimate I/C
Townshend Isolda DCT-300 I/C
LAT AC2 powercords/extension block
Russ Andrews mains mini-purifier
Sony NW-HD5H MP3 player
Senn PX100 headphones

practitioner:
Cambridge Audio 640C
Zhaolu D2, blackgates/upgraded headphone amp/CS DAC
Sony MP3 Walkman - NW-A608V 2Gb
Corda Aria
SuperMacro III v3
HD650 with Equinox cable
HD280 Pro (cracked headband but working fine)
DT990 (old version)
MS2i stock
Koss KSC35
Groover UR6. IC

If you need to contact either of us, you can do so through any of the methods listed in our profiles. PM is probably easiest, but I'm happy with whatever. Addresses and other such details are best dealt with through PM, I think.

Our profiles:

doctorjuggles

Vic

Jun 8, 2006 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 50
I'm just up the A1, so I might be able to attend, new born baby and wife permission permitting of course
wink.gif

The kit I could bring would be:

Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser MX500
Westone UM2
Shure E3C
Sony MDR-SA5000
AKG K26P
Home made PIMETA
NAD C521BEE CDP
Sony D-EJ825 PCDP
Apple iPod 60GB 5G (standard bit rate AAC only I'm afraid
frown.gif
)

I'm a bit scared of some of the kit you've already listed - some of it is on my wish list, and I can't really afford to be buying new stuff right now
icon10.gif

As for the larger meet, I was the one that put the original thread up in the hope of repeating the previous success with the Nottingham meet we had. I think you're right though, the main problem has been that we didn't have a specific date and location, and the commitment to go ahead even if many people couldn't come
frown.gif
. But count me in for this one
smily_headphones1.gif

Dave.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:08 AM Post #3 of 50
I should be able to come along to this. Right now I don't know what I'll have left of my equipment, as I am downsizing in order to build a better speaker rig
eek.gif
. The only stuff that I am "likely" to have is:

Koss KSC-75
Shure E4c
Sony V6
WNA headamp

If someone is driving who can pick me up from Woking, I may also be able to bring my HE90s and whatever electrostatic amp I have at the time.

Jun 8, 2006 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 50
I should be able to make it there.

If so, and depending on what I have not sold by then, I should have the following available:

Sennheiser HD650 Zu Mobius XLR balanced
Grado HHF1
Creek CD50 mk1
Benchmark Dac1
Meier Corda Mkii SE
RS SR71
RS Hornet (upgraded)
HR microamp*
HR microdac
Ipod 30gb video with qables.com dock connector
Westone UM2
WNA Mk1
Ety ER4p*
Alessandro MS2i headphiled*
Alessandro MS1 headphiled*
AKG 26p (the good ones)*
ATH FC7*
HD201 recabled*

* if not already sold

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 50
You can count the king in as well.

I'll be bringing, (if I can scrounge a lift)

HD580's
ATH-7's (i'll need to borrow a speaker amp, as mine is bulk-tastic)
SR60's
HD201
KSC75
E5c

Millet Hybrid
Unity Gain Cmoy

iPod

Also, if nobody can give viper_45 a lift then i propose a whip-round for his taxi-fare. A HE90 is something nobody wants to pass up!

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 50
Right, I've updated the list and added people's names under "Definite" and "Possible."
I've based this on strenght of wording, where the phrase "should be able to make it" and stronger is included in "Definite" while phrases like "might be able to make it" get you thrown into the "Possible" where you're named, shamed and made fun of.

The kit lists are obviously changeable and when we get closer to the time, we'll take stock because there's little sense in having 12 pairs of HD650s around.
Steve, let me know as you start selling things and I'll start scratching it off the list.
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 50
I'll be a tenative possible but I should be able to make it.

If I do make it I can bring

Alessandro MS1
Sennheiser HD 540
FC7s
PX 100s
Rio Karma

I might also bring, if I'm feeling particularly energetic, my Pink Traingle Da Capo and my Bryston B60. However I can't drive so i was wondering what public transport links are like around there as obviously I dont want to take a DAC and an intergrated amp for a 2 mile walk
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2006 at 11:03 AM Post #8 of 50
Guys,

Thanks for the invite. I think I will be able to attend but I will have jined my latest ship (HMS Nottingham) the previous Tuesday so a little unsure of my programme at the moment. I would be happy to pick up viper_45 en route to Crouch End - hopefully he knows where it is and can give me directions!

I don't have as amny toys now but I would bring:

iMac G5 (bring your discs - we can delete them at the end of the day)
Chord dac64
Rudistor RP 010 Classic (single ended only)
Qualia 010 (might have Moon Blue Dragon by then)

Cheers,

Col

Jun 12, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 50
Hello guys !

Newbie to Head-fi UK here!

I'm in St Albans, dont' have many stuffs to bring along.

One major concern for me is transport, cuz I'm not sure if I can get a car by that time. If not, is there any public transport to there from Central London? (or directly from St Albans?)

I don't have much gear to share with all of you, just:

Alessandro MS-Pro
Melos SHA-1
Audio Alchemy DDE V3.0
some cables

Would be delighted if I can participate in this meet!
icon10.gif

Jun 12, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 50
I would love to come, but will be in france with the parents for a free holiday. Plus there was soo much gear i wanted to try, especially stevie's HHF-1's.

O well, il come to another meet if there is another one in the next year, and i should have some great kit by then
biggrin.gif

Have a good time lads.

Jun 13, 2006 at 7:33 AM Post #11 of 50
Thanks for the replies, guys.
I've updated the attendees and kit list, if anyone thinks they're in the wrong list of "Definites and possibles", let me know.

It's shaping up to be a fair sized meet, things are looking good!

Jun 14, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #13 of 50
i just stumbled accross this thread while in search for amp info.

im new to the whole amp and headphone scene but last year i baught myself a pair of shure e4's.

i might be considering an amp purchase like the hornet for the e4's but i havent yet justified the price of amps seeing as i havent heard headphones hooked to any portable amp apart from a HT sony amp.

could i get a little more info of the meet. i have no idea what happens and stuff.

would be good to experience some more serious equipment and also maby hear the hornter there.

im in west london for a little while so i might be able to come if thats ok with you guys.

Jun 15, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #14 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by taran
im in west london for a little while so i might be able to come if thats ok with you guys.

It's open to all, no problem.
As for info, what do you need to know? It's just basically a bunch of headphone geeks getting together, hooking up a bunch of equipment and listening to all of it to see how it sounds.
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #15 of 50
arite cool cool, sounds like a good idea to see what setups people have.

ill probably be there unless im dragged back to university.

somone just holla an pm with location details such as address so i can work out travel.

cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back