LOL. Bought some KSC-75s.
Mar 23, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer
Holy cow! That's what I felt, too. E4c has so much isolation that anyone could sneak up on me. I couldn't hear the phone ring - good thing it flashes red!

KSC-75 vs. E4c in a nutshell
Bass: More in the KSC-75, but it is relatively muddy. E4c has tighter bass that you can hear, but you can feel the bass in the KSC-75s.
Mids: No comparison. E4c wins by knockout. Of course, that's their strongest point, wouldn't you say?
Highs: Edge to E4c for having clear and detailed highs. The highs on the KSC-75 are somewhat curtailed and less "crisp."

The KSC-75 vs. DT 770/80 Pro
Bass: is prominent in KSC-75s, but for me the DT 770 has tighter, less muddy bass.
Mids: Recessed in both, but the DT 770s offer a bit more detail - probably improve a lot amped.
Highs: DT 770 has much more prominent highs. High hats, cymbals, tambourine, etc. are all lacking on the KSC-75.

But when you think about it, we're comparing a $20 clip-on vs. $250/$300 IEM vs. $199 closed can. These KSC-75s are the best thing I've heard in the price range, and it kicks the crap out of EX-71s and MDR-V300s from Sony, and those things are $50 'phones.

you nano is an infinite better source than your audigy..at least ipod is Class D/E ..and audigy is too crappy to have a Class
biggrin.gif
...AND E4c is much much easier to drive than KSC75....you need an amp..ksc without amp is only about 60% good.

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #17 of 20
I'm doing the LOL thing because I was avoiding these things because clip ons drive me nuts. Finally, I couldn't resist because I wanted something for work that wasn't QUITE as isolating as the E4c, but I didn't want to spend more than $25. Also, I wanted something that sounded good, not like buds or some junk.

I can't wait to save some money and get an amp to use with all of my cans and my Nano. Also, I'm pretty happy with the sound of the KSC-75s right now. I don't plan on doing any pad mods or stuff. I think things will improve a lot when I get an amp!

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #18 of 20
I tend to listen to my KSC75's now more often than my Senn HD595's and Ety ER-6i's.

I love these portablesss

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer
I'm doing the LOL thing because I was avoiding these things because clip ons drive me nuts. Finally, I couldn't resist because I wanted something for work that wasn't QUITE as isolating as the E4c, but I didn't want to spend more than $25. Also, I wanted something that sounded good, not like buds or some junk.

I can't wait to save some money and get an amp to use with all of my cans and my Nano. Also, I'm pretty happy with the sound of the KSC-75s right now. I don't plan on doing any pad mods or stuff. I think things will improve a lot when I get an amp!

I realize the sampling issues exist amongst other complaints, but The Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro was a great buy for me to use at work. My listening is much improved over the stock soundcard in my desktop. It amplifies the signal quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back