LOL at all the Beats bashers........
Mar 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #211 of 353
Quote:
One, monolithic note, that covers almost 200khz of bandwidth.
ph34r.gif

Gotta sound awesome right?? Now not only does the bass go deep low into the abyss it also goes very high up into the stratosphere!
biggrin.gif

Definition of raw power.

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #213 of 353
Cymbals sound like drums with these babies! Oh yeah! :cool:

And drums sound like cymbals. In fact, everything sounds like everything else, because at the end of the day it's all rendered in a beautiful, monotonic, THUD. And if you don't like it - well, too bad!

** The really scary part is that I'm only half-kidding based on having actually heard a few of the Beats models. :ph34r: **

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #214 of 353
Quote:
And drums sound like cymbals. In fact, everything sounds like everything else, because at the end of the day it's all rendered in a beautiful, monotonic, THUD. And if you don't like it - well, too bad!

** The really scary part is that I'm only half-kidding based on having actually heard a few of the Beats models.
ph34r.gif

Maigod you were (half) joking?
eek.gif

On a serious note i've had a taste for horrible sound from a fake beats tour, literally sounds like listening to "music" underwater. And yes everything is a single note, Thud.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #217 of 353
since harsh treble can cause hearing loss, beats have boosted bass to counter that, so listening with beats, you wont get any hearing loss even when you get to old age. this is scientifically proven, trust dre, hes a doctor. 

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #218 of 353
I literally facepalmed when I saw a picture of my cousin wearing a set of Beats Studios he put up on Instagram a few weeks ago.

It's his money and he's one of those fashion-forward types so I'm sure that had a huge impact on his decision to buy the Beats but I can't help but think of the headphones I could've helped him pick out had he come to me first...
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #219 of 353
Quote:
I literally facepalmed when I saw a picture of my cousin wearing a set of Beats Studios he put up on Instagram a few weeks ago.

It's his money and he's one of those fashion-forward types so I'm sure that had a huge impact on his decision to buy the Beats but I can't help but think of the headphones I could've helped him pick out had he come to me first...
frown.gif

lol just be like, "your beats are for sale, here, take this (insert headphone), this is for listening to music."

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #221 of 353
I'm half tempted to take my V-Moda M80s (a set that's stylish AND sounds good) to him, shove them into his hands without a word and take his Beats Studios - also without a word - with me as I leave.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #222 of 353
Quote:
It's much more fun to simply watch someone's expression after I show them what real headphones sound like. You can see the moment when it clicks in their head, how big of a tool they were spending so much money on their beats.

But for some, they honestly don't even care if they sound bad or not, because it's not about sound, it's about a status symbol. Many wear them while walking around without even listening to music, just because it ups their hipster factor.

I agree with you fully on this, I had a few friends with beats headphones and IEM's and I told them next time around when it breaks (they were complaining how they replaced their broken beats) to get "real" headphones or IEMs and come on here for a recommendation and I bring in my superlux 668b so they can have a side by side comparison. None of them took me up on that offer, one of them told me flat out he bought beats as a status/fashion symbol and a lot of times just walks with it on with no music playing. I couldn't argue with that logic, it makes no sense to me but it's fashion it doesn't make sense to me at all.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #223 of 353
Quote:

I agree with you fully on this, I had a few friends with beats headphones and IEM's and I told them next time around when it breaks (they were complaining how they replaced their broken beats) to get "real" headphones or IEMs and come on here for a recommendation and I bring in my superlux 668b so they can have a side by side comparison. None of them took me up on that offer, one of them told me flat out he bought beats as a status/fashion symbol and a lot of times just walks with it on with no music playing. I couldn't argue with that logic, it makes no sense to me but it's fashion it doesn't make sense to me at all.

And hence the whole beats phenomenon, they are never actually to be used. Man, thats marketing for you, create a product that doesnt actually have to work, and have people beat your door down for them.

I cannot wait until something a little more cool comes along and unseats them.

Mar 14, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #225 of 353
Fashion trends tend to be rediculous. Why is today's fashion like so and so? Because they we're showing it off in a magazine or on tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back