LOL at all the Beats bashers........
Mar 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #61 of 353
Quote:
If you dont like em, dont buy em.  Its very simple IMHO.  I dont care for BMWs, guess what Im not gonna say they are overpriced and trash them.  I just wont buy one.  I seriously dont get all the hate.  Dre just did something noone else really thought about before....cater to the average listener and add some color and clean styling to a can.  That being said, I personally would never own a pair.  They dont sound bad to me, and they do look pretty good....but sadly they are overpriced like everyone knows.  BUT!!!  They are not pieces of ****, and they never, ever tried to hoodwink the public.  They are what they are.  Just had to throw my opinion out there on this overrun subject, because alot of people in HF seem like whiney, jealous little kids when it comes to Beats.  Lots of products are overpriced.... i-anything for example.  People still buy the product. 

If a member dislikes something strongly they should be able to express that opinion.  I don't see anything wrong with that.  Isn't that what impressions are all about?

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #62 of 353
Quote:
  Anyone who says they didn't has no knowledge of the character of Jimmy Iovine.  He simply could not care less if the headphones are good or crap, so long as he gets paid.

The same Jimmy Iovine who faked his way through the 70's, masquerading as a "record producer". Who wore his Beats around his neck for the entire Tom Petty "Damn The Torpedos" Classic Albums DVD, never using them once.

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #63 of 353
Quote:

The same Jimmy Iovine who faked his way through the 70's, masquerading as a "record producer". Who wore his Beats around his neck for the entire Tom Petty "Damn The Torpedos" Classic Albums DVD, never using them once.

Exactly, the same scumbag.

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #64 of 353
I dont think its about the Headphone itself. You know there is alot of overpriced products out there. 
The hate is  more towards the costumers of Beats. These costumers often totally falls for marketing and product hypes and never really bothers to do some own research on what to get. They are tricked to think that the Beats are the best out there. 

Well. I say, good for them, and their wallets.

Though, The Problem occurs when the typical Head-Fi guy who thinks he know so much more about High Fidelity, and many times does, starts to get annoyed about all this Monster Beats worship. He maybe wanted to show out his 1000$ setup for a Beats-kid he know but got bashed about the setup not delivering boomy bass like the kids Monster Beats. Then the Head-Fi guy gets mad, and want to tell the kid that he doesnt know a **** about fidelity and that hes Beats are just some ****ty overpriced crap-cans.
It ends up with having the Head-Fi guy on this forum whining about how bad the Monster Beats are when it maybe is about his knowlage and setup not getting the appreciation it should.  

Well. I say this, why even bother about theese kids. For they Monster Beats is more about "status" in kind of way. Many of the customers is in that age to,  they think its cool with expensive stuff that everyone knows about. 

We all know that they dont strive to get best possible Fidelity. If they do, let them come to us instead. For if they do we all know that they cant be pleased with their Monster Beats.  

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #65 of 353
Why does everyone here who has an arguement in favor of the beats see the person that likes sound as the person with a 1000$+ pair of phones?
The whole point of this is that these 300$ headphones are out-played by 100$ ones, NOT just by high-end gear.

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #66 of 353
Why does everyone here who has an arguement in favor of the beats see the person that likes sound as the person with a 1000$+ pair of phones?
The whole point of this is that these 300$ headphones are out-played by 100$ ones, NOT just by high-end gear.

That's called stereotyping.

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #67 of 353
Quote:
If you dont like em, dont buy em.  Its very simple IMHO.  I dont care for BMWs, guess what Im not gonna say they are overpriced and trash them.  I just wont buy one.  I seriously dont get all the hate.  Dre just did something noone else really thought about before....cater to the average listener and add some color and clean styling to a can.  That being said, I personally would never own a pair.  They dont sound bad to me, and they do look pretty good....but sadly they are overpriced like everyone knows.  BUT!!!  They are not pieces of ****, and they never, ever tried to hoodwink the public.  They are what they are.  Just had to throw my opinion out there on this overrun subject, because alot of people in HF seem like whiney, jealous little kids when it comes to Beats.  Lots of products are overpriced.... i-anything for example.  People still buy the product. 

When it comes to Head-Fi is all about getting the best soundquality out of a headphones and IMHO, beats are not among the headphones that have good soundquality. Like you said "that they are overpriced like everyone knows, but they do look pretty good", so you should know better why does beats falls in Head-Fi community.

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #68 of 353
Quote:

If your post was meant like an answer to mine I want to let you know that you missed the point completley. 
I am in no flavor of the beats, and my example would work as well with the Head-Fi guy trying to prove that a pair of CALs can compete with the Beats. 

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #69 of 353
Quote:

If your post was meant like an answer to mine I want to let you know that you missed the point completley. 
I am in no flavor of the beats, and my example would work as well with the Head-Fi guy trying to prove that a pair of CALs can compete with the Beats. 

My post was in no relation to yours, my post was meant at nearly everyone who defends beats on these forums.

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #70 of 353
I don't know about Beats being stylish, they kinda remind me of Samsung phones (cheap plasticky crap). For some good-looking mid-range headphones the Sony MDR-1R and Philips Fidelio series are much better looking and sounding than beats.

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #71 of 353
Quote:
I don't know about Beats being stylish, they kinda remind me of Samsung phones (cheap plasticky crap). For some good-looking mid-range headphones the Sony MDR-1R and Philips Fidelio series are much better looking and sounding than beats.

Well, there's no accounting for taste. I don't like pants hanging below someone's ass crack, but apparently that too is "in style". 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #72 of 353
Well marketing is sort of an item of convenience for the consumer. Even though these days the average consumer is a lot more intelligent and has access to many detailed reviews by credible sources. You just have people out there who don't care as much so they like opinions on how they should spend their money fed to them.

They are kind of cool looking headphones, but I was always a sucker for the Audio Technica ES7 anyway LOL.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #73 of 353
You know your product is rubbish when fakes not only can compete with the real deal, but are actually better in some areas.

Even more so, some guy hacked a Sony MDR-XB500 driver into a fake Beats Studio shell and it basically blows the real thing out of the water.

Proof: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622817/fake-beats-lineup-a-social-experiment-in-review/60#post_9219653

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622817/fake-beats-lineup-a-social-experiment-in-review#post_8613743

Monster went way beyond just making an image product like Apple (which, while overpriced because of marketing, have the sheer build quality and engineering in many aspects to justify the cost), and are actively deceiving and lying to consumers. Their products are absolute crap and they have no right to be marketed as "the best in the world". Every company tries to create the image that they are the best, but what differentiates most companies from con artists like Monster is that to some extent, these companies are actually trying to be the best, even if they fall short of the bar.

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #74 of 353
Quote:
You know your product is rubbish when fakes not only can compete with the real deal, but are actually better in some areas.

Even more so, some guy hacked a Sony MDR-XB500 driver into a fake Beats Studio shell and it basically blows the real thing out of the water.

Proof: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622817/fake-beats-lineup-a-social-experiment-in-review/60#post_9219653

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622817/fake-beats-lineup-a-social-experiment-in-review#post_8613743

Monster went way beyond just making an image product like Apple (which, while overpriced because of marketing, have the sheer build quality and engineering in many aspects to justify the cost), and are actively deceiving and lying to consumers. Their products are absolute crap and they have no right to be marketed as "the best in the world". Every company tries to create the image that they are the best, but what differentiates most companies from con artists like Monster is that to some extent, these companies are actually trying to be the best, even if they fall short of the bar.

Spot on, old chap. Indeed Monster™ are out to make a mockery of headphones.

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #75 of 353
Quote:
I think Beats to iDevices is a legitimate comparison. They're both quality products if you disregard price. A lot of people like the sound and look that beats have. iDevices are pretty well constructed. But put either of them toe to toe with an alternative at the same price range and they can't hold a candle.

I wouldn`t say Beats to iDevices. However, Beats to Macbooks seems like a good comparison to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back