LOL at all the Beats bashers........
Feb 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #18 of 353
Quote:
... ever tried to hoodwink the public.  

All your points are valid except this one. And you can already see posters above me quoting various Beats official statements, proving that they are indeed using their marketing department to deceive the public.

Most people on Head-Fi passionately hate Beats because of their false advertising, not because of the headphone itself.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #19 of 353
Another day, another person trying to justify the Beats for God-knows what reason. 

It has been discussed to no end that they sound terrible. The marketing is laughable. It wouldn't be a far-cry to say that they spend 1/100 of their total budget on actually designing the damn things. That's why they're hated. On a site that puts sound above all, why would you think otherwise?

Oh, and the Apple comparison is ridiculous. Apple built their name based on quality products.

Quote:
I wouldn't compare them to the 'iDevices' at all.  The iphone, ipod etc flourish because of a developer's community and support surrounding them, plus they're very well engineered and constructed hardware.  Beats is poorly constructed, and has the same access to whatever pool of songs that any other headphone would.

I also don't buy (or will thoroughly laugh at) anybody who rags on Beats because of their price/performance.  Audiophilia is built upon poor price/performance, and taking advantage of people with deep pockets and/or are crazed enough to devote an entire lifestyle to their obsession.  HD800 is overpriced.  LCD2 is overpriced.  T1 is overpriced.  Your 200,000 dollar boutique speakers are overpriced-- and everything in between.  The hifi era has since been long past us, and most of what you buy today is largely the component of marketing propaganda-- just like the Beats.

Interesting 

popcorn.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #22 of 353
Apple was already a name before their intense marketing campaign took off around the time just before the iPhone.  The marketing campaign among with other things just turned them from a company into the world's 1st or 2nd most valuable company.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #23 of 353
If beats just quietly made bad products and overpriced them by a rate of at least 300% i'm pretty sure that we won't lift an eyebrow. However they are pushing their wallet raping ripoffs that doesn't please the ear with such absurd claims and straight out lies that is just annoys the living daylight out of anyone knowledgeable seeing that many people actually buy these black magic claims.
Its like a kid around the schoolgrounds yelling out and claiming that he killed a big mighty dragon and saved everyone's life while he holds up a picture taken from google. And the worse part is that there is a big croud around him praising him in amazement while we stand at the back and facepalm our eyes out, knowing the extent of the rubbish being spat out of the kid's mouth. Lastly, some of them even turn around and complain to you "you aren't as awesome as he is, he's way better than you could ever dream to be".

I'm sure you can relate my example to the current situation and the reason of hate here.

Also about apple, they used to be miles ahead with their touch screen phones while the rest of the market was behind being candybar,slidephone,and flipphones.
Its just that they are carrying their hype on while the rest of the market has caught up and overtook them in some ways. like claiming you are still the king and charging premium prices while you have actually already lost the throne, and is now just another contender for the pole position.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #24 of 353
Quote:
Apple was already a name before their intense marketing campaign took off around the time just before the iPhone. The marketing campaign among with other things just turned them from a company into the world's 1st or 2nd most valuable company.

True, their marketing wasn't quite as intense back then.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #26 of 353
Wow......some good and some interesting responses.  First of all I'm not a kid.......over 40 here.  Secondly, I stated that I would not buy Beats period.  They do not sound as good as other headphones for the price.  That being said, why bash Beats as a brand for doing the same thing many other companies do.  Hell, look at Bose for example.  Look at their marketing, and how successful that company has been.  Most know their product is overpriced and inferior.  People should not be spoon fed, this is an open market and free enterprise world.......for everyone to make as much money as they want....legally of course.  If someone is skeptical or doesn't know much about a product, its up to them to do the research.  If they don't want to do that and just go ahead and buy a product based on marketing.....oh well.  Personally I dont care.  I know many, many people, family included that have Beats.  I have told them other headphones are cheaper and sound just as good.  But they wanted Beats anyhow.  Honestly, I think Dr. Dre and his Beats headphones just found a great niche and took advantage of it.  How can you blame him or his company for all this?  Just sayin. 

Thanks for all the honest responses. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #28 of 353
Quote:
Wow......some good and some interesting responses.  First of all I'm not a kid.......over 40 here.  Secondly, I stated that I would not buy Beats period.  They do not sound as good as other headphones for the price.  That being said, why bash Beats as a brand for doing the same thing many other companies do.  Hell, look at Bose for example.  Look at their marketing, and how successful that company has been.  Most know their product is overpriced and inferior.  People should not be spoon fed, this is an open market and free enterprise world.......for everyone to make as much money as they want....legally of course.  If someone is skeptical or doesn't know much about a product, its up to them to do the research.  If they don't want to do that and just go ahead and buy a product based on marketing.....oh well.  Personally I dont care.  I know many, many people, family included that have Beats.  I have told them other headphones are cheaper and sound just as good.  But they wanted Beats anyhow.  Honestly, I think Dr. Dre and his Beats headphones just found a great niche and took advantage of it.  How can you blame him or his company for all this?  Just sayin. 

Thanks for all the honest responses. 

First off, Bose is alright for the price. About $50-$70 overpriced I'd say, though the QC15 is pretty damn good for the price given its sound plus NC for travel.

Secondly, I would also add that they not only "took advantage of it": they exploited it. Monster exploited the naivety of people who didn't know any better. The company does this with nearly everything (the Turbines are an exception). Which, coincidentally, are the majority of people between the ages of 14-25. Why else would they get an OK rapper/producer to endorse their product whilst spend hundreds of millions on marketing?

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #29 of 353
Quote:

I suppose the Apple II was a piece of ****, as was the iPod.

OK

First of all, have you ever used an Apple II?

And you know iPod wasn't near the first PMP. You wanna know what made it blow up? You guessed it, marketing.

At any rate, I never said that their products were bad. They can just be beaten by products well under their price range. Just like Beats.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #30 of 353
Quote:

First off, Bose is alright for the price. About $50-$70 overpriced I'd say, though the QC15 is pretty damn good for the price given its sound plus NC for travel.

Secondly, I would also add that they not only "took advantage of it": they exploited it. Monster exploited the naivety of people who didn't know any better. The company does this with nearly everything (the Turbines are an exception). Which, coincidentally, are the majority of people between the ages of 14-25. Why else would they get an OK rapper/producer to endorse their product whilst spend hundreds of millions on marketing?

I was talking about basically all of the Bose products.  Not specifically their headphones.  I mean, they dont even tell you good specs with their speakers or components, yet people listen to the product and buy it anyhow. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back