Loking for some acoustic music :)
Mar 6, 2012 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

powerdpower

Head-Fier
***Title fail lOking instead of lOOking***

Hey guys, I am really short on music right now, and it makes me mad because I just got some DT 990's...

Maybe you can give me some help!

I really love acoustic songs. REALLY REALLY love them. One of my favorite tracks is Hero of War by Rise Against

That is about the best I can explain what I like. Please keep the songs clean, no heavy swearing, no sexual language, etc.

Maybe this thread could help some other people find new music too!

Thanks!

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 28
I love LOVE Gypsy Kings.  It is spanish guitar.  Very fun, very romantic and I think it hits all your requirements.  Check out their rendition of "I Did It My Way"

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 28

Quote:
I love LOVE Gypsy Kings.  It is spanish guitar.  Very fun, very romantic and I think it hits all your requirements.  Check out their rendition of "I Did It My Way"

Pretty good stuff, not quite my style, but good! I don't know that I love the "spanish" style stuff. Still my best example of what I like is Hero of War by Rise Against

Anymore suggestions?

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 28
Try Kings of Convenience - definitely acoustic but these guys sing in a gentler style to your sample, but still worth a go for you.
Their best albums IMHO is Quiet is The New Loud and Riot on an Empty Street.
Both albums are very well recorded and have an honest in the room feel to them.
Rather special I think.

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 28

Quote:
Kings of Convenience are amazing, can't go wrong with them. Also, if you can get your hands on some early Vertical Horizon stuff, they were mostly just acoustic guitar based back in the day. Really good stuff; WAY better than their newer stuff.

listening to Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want. I have no idea if its their "early" stuff. But I AM liking it.

Also I am going to have to get some good quality versions of Kings of Convenience. They sound great, as far as what I can see on youtube.

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 28
I am not a fan of Kings of Convenience but you HAVE to listen their titles "Mrs Cold" and "24-25". :wink:

Quote:
listening to Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want. I have no idea if its their "early" stuff. But I AM liking it.

Also I am going to have to get some good quality versions of Kings of Convenience. They sound great, as far as what I can see on youtube.

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #8 of 28
here's an acoustic album that hasn't been mentioned around here in a while

61ATGoNkASL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Go here to listen to clips.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Motion-Andy-McKee/dp/B000E5N0C6/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1331176852&sr=1-1

Mar 12, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #11 of 28
Mar 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #12 of 28
If you really like acoustic music then you should try to have a listen to some Bluegrass. It's not for everyone but if you can deal with Mandolin and Banjo then it might just be what you are looking for. Try out any of the albums by Allison Krauss and Union station to see if you like it. Allison herself (apart from singing) plays Violin but there are some fine Mandolin and Banjo (not to mention acoustic guitar) parts to all of her records. Add in the one and only Jerry Douglas on Dobro and well, if you don't like that lot, then you should stick with electric music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back