Logout Glitch
Dec 13, 2014 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lehmanhill

New Head-Fier
First of all, thanks for a great site.  I find it very useful.

This is a minor page organization thing.  When I go to logout, there are active advertisements under the drop down menu where the "logout" button lives.  When those ads update or just move active elements, the logout button becomes inactive.  I end up either clicking on the ad without intending to or refreshing the page without logging out.   A simple separate logout button, similar to the Private Messages button would be helpful and a lot less frustrating.

I know that I don't have to logout, but I like to in order to minimize hacking risk.  Thanks.

lehmanhill

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 4
Sorry, I should have of that before.

I am using a Mac Mini on Mavericks 10.9.5 and Firefox 34.0.5.  Since posting, I have tried loging out on my work computer an HP laptop (sorry, forgot the model) on Windows 7 and using Chrome to access Head-Fi and don't see the problem, so you are correct to assume that it is specific to the OS/browser.

Thanks.

Jac

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 4
This is a really weird problem.  Still running a Mac Mini on OSX 10.9.5, now with Firefox 36.0.1.  For the last week or so, everything has been fine.  One click opens the drop down menu, one click logs me out.  Then today, the old problem returned.  I have been trying for 5 minutes straight and can't manage to logout.

It must be spring time.

Thanks for listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back