Logitech Z560 headphone jack
Mar 15, 2002 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

delenda est Sony

500+ Head-Fier
I was wondering how much power this puts out. I emailed Logitech and their tech support states that the jack is unamplified and basically puts out only as much power as one's soundcard (an SB Live 5.1 in my case). However, the 3dSoundSurge.com review states that the jack is amplified. Does anyone know for sure if there is any amplification on the Z560 jack? If so, what is the miliwatt output? If there is no amplification, than how much power are we looking at from the SB card??

confused.gif

thanks!

Mar 15, 2002 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 6
I can't remember what review I read of the Z-560's (there are a lot on the web), but it also said the jack was amplified, and that it was fairly powerful. I think most of the headphone jacks on the higher end computer speakers these days have a decent amount of juice. I have the Klipsch 2.1's, and the jack on there is very powerful. Hardly ever go past 9:00 on the volume dial with KSC-35's. The Klipsch's also have an auxiliary input...something the 560's lack.

Mar 15, 2002 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 6
I'd be inclined to believe logitech.

either way, I don't think they would put much effort (or money) into making a high-quality headphone amp.

But stranger things have happened...

Driftwood

Mar 15, 2002 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Um, it HAS to be amplified, otherwise little current goes into the headphones (asuming this is line out)... and the headphones don't really work...

Unless, it is just a pass through... Does the volume control work for the headphone?

Mar 15, 2002 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 6
I'm pretty sure it is amplified as my promedia's are. As a matter of fact, it was the promedia's amp that I was running my hd600 a for the first month.

Mar 17, 2002 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 6
yes, volume control does work for headphones through the jack. The jack works with the 560s off though if that makes any difference. I would ordinarily assume that Logitechs answer was right, but a) they are not an "audio company" exactly. and b) more than one competent reviewer has mentioned the jack being amplified. Someone mentioned powering Senn 565s (150 Ohm impedance) out of the 560 jack with more than sufficient volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back