Logitech Z-2300 ok for Movies ?
Jul 27, 2008 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mr56k

500+ Head-Fier
I purchased these speakers on Friday "Will be here Tuesday" and now I'm reading through some of the posts here on how "bad" they are. I mainly purchased them because of price $69 w/ shipping and the reviews they got everywhere. I am ripping my whole dvd library to H.264 video to store on my pc and was going to use the Logitechs for watching them. Will they be ok for the above mentioned or should I not open them and buy something else in that price range ? I wanted some speakers as Its very nice when friends or family are over so everyone can hear. Also its summer time and even with the ac on I l'd prefer not to have something on my head
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 7
they're decent for movies. the subwoofer overwhelms a lot of the sound, but they should be good for watching movies for that kick-you-in-the-face booming sound of explosions, gunshots, etc.

Jul 28, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisplyr3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they're decent for movies. the subwoofer overwhelms a lot of the sound, but they should be good for watching movies for that kick-you-in-the-face booming sound of explosions, gunshots, etc.

I was reading that the remote has control for bass. Even with it set lower its still that bad huh ? Thanks

Jul 28, 2008 at 11:44 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr56k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was reading that the remote has control for bass. Even with it set lower its still that bad huh ? Thanks

Wrong, the bass is not that overpowering. The subwoofer that comes with the z-2300 gives out a smooth clean bass, if someone blindfolded me, moved my subwoofer, and turned it on medium, I would not be able to find out where the subwoofer would be. The sound and the bass go hand in hand if you adjust your volume and your bass accordingly, if you have your bass higher than your sound then of course it is going to sound overpowering. The bass is very clean, unlike the farting bass noise of the lower end logitech and creative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back