Logitech Triple.Fi 10 Modifications?
Feb 1, 2011 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

tarcalion

Head-Fier
Hey everyone. I couldn't find a thread about this so I decided to start a new one.

I'm planning on buying a pair of TF10s because of their relatively low price, three-way setup and sexy blue finish (as well as the descriptions of the sound signature which seems to be to my liking - slightly v-shaped with sparkly treble and punchy bass), and had pretty much made up my mind when I bumped into some post speculating in whether Logitech had made changes to the TF10 after acquiring Ultimate Ears ... changes to the worse - which would explain their drastically lowered price.

I'm not sure if I believe this (I certainly don't want to) but before pulling the trigger on them I have to ask. Can anyone confirm or dement these claims? Is the TF10 the same it has always been? Or is it ... worse?

(Also, I've heard it ships in a plain cardboard box these days. Is this true? I intend to buy it from Amazon, although I live in Sweden ...)

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 12
Unless they have have changed the design of the drivers they should still be the same. The low price is due to the Black Friday sale and being an older IEM, people tend to disregard them and jump on the bandwagon of newer IEMs. They are still excellent and on head to head comparions with many other FOTM IEMs they still match up well.

If you manage to get one for a very low price 120-150 ish I would recommend investing in aftermarket cables from Null Audio as it will improve TF10 quite noticably, especially the mids, bring them more up to par with the rest of the frequency range and not leave the feeling of the singer behind the instruments. 

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 12
Thanks, I'm glad to hear it. Would a Null Audio cable or a Westone ES cable fit the TF10s without modding?

Does anyone else know anything about the Logitech stuff?
ph34r.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 12
ES cables do require some modding. Null cables fit the TF10s perfectly, although not at first since you have to give it a few days for the socket to expand. 

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 12
I think someone posted that the Westone pins are a little long, but a couple of swipes with a nail file fixes them.

And the TF10s are great phones.  You might want to try different tips to get the right fit.

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
Unless they have have changed the design of the drivers they should still be the same. The low price is due to the Black Friday sale and being an older IEM, people tend to disregard them and jump on the bandwagon of newer IEMs. They are still excellent and on head to head comparions with many other FOTM IEMs they still match up well.

If you manage to get one for a very low price 120-150 ish I would recommend investing in aftermarket cables from Null Audio as it will improve TF10 quite noticably, especially the mids, bring them more up to par with the rest of the frequency range and not leave the feeling of the singer behind the instruments. 

Totally agree with rangerid's impression on the cables from Null Audio. But just beware of Null Audio's infamous customer's service or lack of would be more accurate.

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #11 of 12
You could get a little DIY action and make your own TF10 cable, there is a thread on it and there was a link to a reseller that has UE connectors for sale
gs1000.gif

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #12 of 12
 I purchased tf10's through official logitec supplier here in Australia. They weren't cheap at about $300 but I wanted to ensure I got genuines. The sound is awesome. Very thunderous bass and mids sound detailed. If anything I would day that the highs are slightly rolled off. I may just be spoilt by my home cans. I may upgrade the cable one day if I see a good value one of good quality. I would happily buy the TF10's again.
hope this answers your question of logitech versus original UE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back