Logitech not shipping UE900s, but UE900 in updated box
Jun 20, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #16 of 22
Has there been any resolve to this situation? I bought a pair of UE900S on eBay. I had them for 2 weeks and sold them to another person on ebay. Now that person is claiming he got UE900's instead of UE900s' I haven't seen any confirming information other than this thread that this is actually happening. I've asked the buyer to verify the serial numbers on the headphones to match the serial number on the box and then to check with Logitech to confirm if that serial # belongs to a set of UE900s or UE900.

Jun 20, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #17 of 22
I know in the UE900 thread Logitech apologized for the confusion as they had packaging issues and were resolving that. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #18 of 22
I know in the UE900 thread Logitech apologized for the confusion as they had packaging issues and were resolving that. 

I think what they said is that the 900 are identical to the 900s at that moment. The only difference is the tips and gel. They said they will remove the S from the name and when the 900s will be available it should be the ones with the new shell etc.

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #19 of 22
Can anyone point me to that specific post?

Jun 20, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #21 of 22
In the above mentioned thread, Logitech also says that they would not accept returns, since, as they say, it's the same product.

I am not sure what to think about the whole affair, to be honest. I do appreciate that Logitech realized that they had quality issues in the beginning, and that they continuously improve the product based on experience and feedback (a number of small changes implemented).
I 'violently' agree with them - that's exactly what every company should be doing! In fact - that's exactly what we expect a company to do! Wouldn't it be horrible if they just continued building a faulty product?
And mind you, many companies do that - be it car, mobile phone or DSLR manufacturers. Mercedes, Canon, Apple.
Everyone who's bought a product and is upset that it has been updated - get used to it. that's today's fast evolving world.

At the same time, once I realized that Logitech has indeed improved the product and that this manifests itself in, apparently, a new shell etc., I obviously did not want to receive the 'unimproved' version any more. That's why I cancelled my order before it was shipped.
The fact that they advertises an improved product and sell stock of faulty product is what rightfully causes the uproar.

My conclusion is that they did a great job in improving a product, and that they did a horrible job of rolling out the improved versions, by combining it with a) a new name and b) a new packaging.
It sucks, since I am still without proper IEM's, waiting to get my money back from LogiTech. 

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #22 of 22
In the above mentioned thread, Logitech also says that they would not accept returns, since, as they say, it's the same product.

I am not sure what to think about the whole affair, to be honest. I do appreciate that Logitech realized that they had quality issues in the beginning, and that they continuously improve the product based on experience and feedback (a number of small changes implemented).
I 'violently' agree with them - that's exactly what every company should be doing! In fact - that's exactly what we expect a company to do! Wouldn't it be horrible if they just continued building a faulty product?
And mind you, many companies do that - be it car, mobile phone or DSLR manufacturers. Mercedes, Canon, Apple.
Everyone who's bought a product and is upset that it has been updated - get used to it. that's today's fast evolving world.

At the same time, once I realized that Logitech has indeed improved the product and that this manifests itself in, apparently, a new shell etc., I obviously did not want to receive the 'unimproved' version any more. That's why I cancelled my order before it was shipped.
The fact that they advertises an improved product and sell stock of faulty product is what rightfully causes the uproar.

My conclusion is that they did a great job in improving a product, and that they did a horrible job of rolling out the improved versions, by combining it with a) a new name and b) a new packaging.
It sucks, since I am still without proper IEM's, waiting to get my money back from LogiTech. 
couldn't have said it better myself ..and I'm sorry for your misfortune. .inconvenience :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back