New Head-Fier
DAC:
FiiO E17

Headphones:
V-MODA M100
Audio Technica ATH-M50
Beats by Dr. Dre
Bose QuietComfort 15

I used the above to compare against my Logitech G930's (wireless USB headset, so I did not use an external DAC with this). I listened to many .flac songs using all 4 of the above headphones connected to the E17, and then I listened to the same .flac songs on the G930's. 

The winner: Logitech G930's. The sound on this gaming headset is so much more clear and I can hear so much detail compared to the M100's and ATH-M50's (and the other 2). The price for the G930's is $100. It's an all-in-one package. If anyone were to buy a DAC with headphones, you'd be spending $150+ on a DAC and then $300 on headphones. So for any "audiophile" who is looking for a good pair of headphones without having to buy all this other gear, please just go get the G930's. You will not be disappointed. 

Maybe the DAC's are just boxes with air in them that just cause a placebo. 

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 6
You're going to have to be a little bit more thorough if you're going to try to convince anyone these are any good. 

EDIT: Just googled them and I remember a friend of mine has these. I thought they sounded kind of tinny, which I guess could be interpreted as "clear" when compared to an M50...

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm just trying to give suggestions to anyone trying to get new headphones. I personally tested those 4 headphones with the E17 and found that G930's to be so much more crisp and clear. But if you want some more detail, then okay. I notice that the bass and treble is much better on the G930's. The vocals on the songs that I listened to come out more full and detailed. On the G930's, the instruments in the background sound so accurate compared to the other headphones. I literally feel like I was in the recording studio. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Some EDM music on soundcloud like Tiesto or W&W. Then the rest is like Top 40 (Maroon 5, All American Rejects), etc. 

I listen to EDM, and current gen pop and rock as well.

Well, everyone has their own opinion.

What you enjoy music best with is what is most important. I can't say that you may not one day see differently, but for now, what you think and can enjoy music with best out of all your stuff is more important than what a silly ole Panda on the internet thinks right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back