Logitech Acquires UltimateEars!
Aug 14, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #31 of 61
Not good news to me. I have a feeling UE customs will disappear. Logitech bought them for their mainstream products, not their high end ones. I have a bad feeling that the Triple.Fi will be the last truly high end consumer IEM from UE.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

-Ed

Aug 14, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #32 of 61
so UE got bought out by logitech?

this will be interesting. well atleast i already have my tripple fi's!!! lol

Aug 14, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #33 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems Logitech is trying to bring a portion of the audiophile market to mainstream. They'll probably change the name to Logitech but leave operations as is with minimal changes as they did with Slimdevices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not good news to me. I have a feeling UE customs will disappear. Logitech bought them for their mainstream products, not their high end ones. I have a bad feeling that the Triple.Fi will be the last truly high end consumer IEM from UE.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

-Ed

Im really hoping UE's reputation in the custom/professional world prevents this. That's where they started after all, look at the amount of artists/sound engineers etc that use and endorse their product. Can you imagine them just chopping all that loose?

Im not so worried about the custom side of things, i think it may well retain is professional standing, but the consumer stuff, the more i think about it, the more the outlook seems so bleak.

Aug 14, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #34 of 61
Jeez, I better buy a backup pair of Triple Fi if these predictions hold true....

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #35 of 61
Very disappointed in UE. I've had a set of Triple Pro's in use with my new iPhone for the last month, having used them for about 4 months previously with other devices. Just noticed they've released a vi version (mic on the cable), and I emailed them to ask if this would be sold seperately and was told that you have to buy it has a brand new product.

Very lame considering I forked out $400 and the money is in the earphones, not the damn cable!

I raised another question with them, I've had to replace my cable a couple of times due to the wire that wraps around the ear breaking, how the hell will one do that with the new ones if they're not offering an optional cable.

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #36 of 61
Well, hopefully Logitech doesn't send the quality of UE down the tubes.

I'm starting to notice that with the Harmony remotes they acquired a while ago too.

(39 more posts to go)

Aug 14, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #38 of 61
Well don't look too hopeless at this. Look what happened to VoodooPC + HP or Alienware + Dell

Both still have their own design, ridiculous prices, etc.

And I am pretty sure Logitech will be smart enough not to down the quality of UEs...Loose one audiophile, loose the whole army. lol

Aug 14, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #39 of 61
Cheaper pricing in Australia-as Logitech would handle UE sales from now on, rather than a distributor-who sells these for around $350-$500.

Aug 15, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #40 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree. Logitech make excellent products.

Same here, though I have had a fairly limited experience with them it has been overwhelmingly good.

Aug 15, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #42 of 61
I wonder if they would rebrand the Triple.fi... again. I hope they redesign it instead.
wink.gif

(I'm referencing the M-AUDIO IE-40, which is a black/chrome version of the UE Triple.fi 10 Pro.)

I'm a fan of Logitech products, but I'm not so sure about them handling one of the most established IEM companies.

Aug 15, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #43 of 61
sad thing is I was thinking about buying the Triple fi for my next iem.

Aug 15, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #44 of 61
just wanted to note that this story was covered on Gizmodo today too!

(2 more posts to go)

Aug 15, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #45 of 61
I hope they do it right. Leave UE's design and engineering teams alone, and use Logitech's size and volume to bring manufacturing costs down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back