Logitech Acquires UltimateEars!
Aug 14, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least Logitech makes quality products at a good price.

Agreed. I've always loved their mice. Using one right now.

I would think Logitech would try to push the lower end IEMs to the masses. You kind of start to see that with the new SF5 headphone. The new design and easier fit.

I'm hoping they come out with a redesigned TFP...that would be nice!

Aug 14, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 61
Wow! That's certain to mean much better distribution for UE's products.

I wonder if they will keep the UE brand or rebrand their products Logitech? I would guess Logitech since that brand is much more widely recognized. Maybe they'll become Logitech Ultimate Ears?

Nice to see the folks at UE cash in for all of their hard work though.

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 61
I like Logitech mice, have been using them since my first PC 10yrs ago. Hopefully UE will continue to expend under Logitech.

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #8 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if they will keep the UE brand or rebrand their products Logitech? I would guess Logitech since that brand is much more widely recognized. Maybe they'll become Logitech Ultimate Ears?

FWIW, I think that they will be branded as the Logitech UE series earphones, or kept as Ultimate Ears but with the addition of "gateway" headphones intended to draw the mainstream in.

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 61
lol I was just about to post something about the same topic.

I don't know if it's for the better, logitech is pretty good and it's mainstream though not as mainstream as other companies and if they still keep Ultimate Ears quality and combine it with Logitech's budget for R&D and style (for more fashion conscious people) it'll make UE better and still keep their market (don't need to go mainstream...)

winning combination? could be..

Aug 14, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 61
ppl here seem more optimistic about the acquisition!

singaporeans are loathing it... they can't imagine a logitech logo on the UEs!! haha

Aug 14, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 61
When I saw this news headline in Engadget, I let out a long loud "Woaaaaaah." Not sure if I like this news.

Aug 14, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #12 of 61
Nice!
biggrin.gif

Wonder if it will make a difference to us end users...

Aug 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #14 of 61
As long as Logitech leave UE to do what they do best and don't re-brand the IEM's with that crappy Logitech logo all will be fine.

Me thinks the above statement is wishful thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back