LOD & Interconnect wire advice
Sep 19, 2008 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

musicmaker

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to source wire for a LOD / interconnect project and have some questions.

(a) Will there be a sonic difference between the Vampire 22AWG stranded vs Jena 22AWG wire ? The vampire is a lot cheaper than the Jena but less flexible.

(b) Any other recommendations on pure copper stranded wire and where to source ? I've looked at the silver plated copper wires but prefer pure copper.

Any advice/pointers would be appreciated.

Sep 19, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #2 of 3
The biggest sonic difference between the Vamp and Jena is while the Vamp has its true signature of copper (warm, bassy and lush, little details), the Jena has very nice detail. It's especially good when recabling with dark sounding cans like Senn. The Vampire is a little bit stiff but not really that hard to handle. I'm going to build a Vampire cable for my HD-650. Just can't afford those Jena
tongue.gif

However, I DO believe that you won't recognize that difference when using them in the LOD. I've made some of them, and to my ears, no difference at all.

You can try the Cardas or Kimber, which are also pure copper.

Sep 19, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 3
Get some 22awg PTFE-insulated, stranded silver-plated copper off eBay for $10 for 50 feet and it'll do just as well as any of that overly expensive fancy stuff. And also cost less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back