LOD + AMP for Ipod Classic
Mar 4, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #32 of 38
I happen to have an ALO LOD for sale that is incredible. That being said, I highly recommend the Headstage Arrow 3G, I switch between a Rx MKII and the arrow. Both are wonderful but the Arrow is very, very portable and has amazing bass boost.

Mar 18, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #33 of 38
keanex, have you listened to silver vs copper lods? it's pretty hard not to hear the difference imo. i'm not saying one is better as some people prefer copper but when i upgraded my ibasso lod to a qables silvercab the difference was clear immediately - even on the ad700s i was using at the time, a lower fi can that your ad900s

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #34 of 38
i can attest to the difference between a copper/silver plated lod vs an all silver, having had a copper/silver plated lod from compicatx, to go with a classic 6.5 gen, GS Voyager, and TF 10's set up, NICE sound, loved it, and then i picked up a low profile all silver DIY LOD from the fs forum, from fatsam327 and boy oh boy, did it ever change up the sound, the Voyager has a very dark sound to begin with, and the LOD brightened, brought out, and balanced, the mids and highs, sweetly, but most surprisingly it really widened the soundstage, and made it more airier, nothing like falling in love with my set up all over again, and it only took a $35.00 upgrade, even sweeter, although took 7 weeks to arrive from Canada, customs suck, but well worth the wait, nice to experience the sound difference first hand, between a copper silver plated LOD, vs an all silver LOD, instead of just reading about it,

altough the Arrow amp upgrade from Qonad never made it, and it seems as if other buyers from Qonad shared the same fate, and never got what they purchased from him off of the sales forum aswell, man down man down, i need a medic!!! time to file a claim!!! sorry OT

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #35 of 38

Quote:
i can attest to having a copper silver plated lod from compicatx, to go with a classic 6.5 gen, GS Voyager, and TF 10's, set up, NICE sound, loved it, and then i picked up a low profile all silver DIY LOD from the fs forum, from fatsam327 and boy oh boy, did it ever change up the sound, the Voyager has a very dark sound to begin with, and the LOD brightened, brought out, and balanced, the mids and highs, sweetly, but most surprisingly it really widened the soundstage, and made it more airier, nothing like falling in love with my set up all over again, and it only took a $35.00 upgrade, even sweeter, although took 7 weeks to arrive from Canada, customs suck, but well worth the wait, nice to experience the sound difference first hand, between a copper silver plated LOD, vs an all silver LOD, instead of just reading about it,

altough the Arrow amp upgrade from Qonad never made it, and it seems as if other buyers from Qonad shared the same fate, and never got what they purchased from him off of the sales forum aswell, man down man down, i need a medic!!! time to file a claim!!! sorry OT

Sad to hear you got a bad experience with him.. I personally bought the SM3s from him. Smooth transaction.

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #36 of 38
yes it is a sad day for all Head-Fiers when we loose one to the darkside of the sales abyss?

I was opptomistic because of his initial positve trader feedback, but then he quit responding to e-mails, and when the negative feedback started showing up I lost all faith in ever seeing the Arrow or a refund, 

I hope he's put the money to some good use? like his grandma needed an operation or sumptin?

but life goes on (as Qonad said, in his, its finally shipped e-mail, I thought that it was an odd thing to say?) 
but it sure would be sweeter with a Headstage Arrow strapped to my ears though!! 

here's his E-MAIL: sent on 1/24

"I managed to ship the parcel amidst all the "business-ness". However, i did not manage to get tracking as the post office told me something about it being close to the Chinese New Year hence EMS was not providing their services for a period of time. If i heard right, they said 1 month which i personally feel that it is proposterous. But life goes on and hence i have decided to use my local courier and shipped it. Hope you understand."

Hey Ahmadmfz: do you know if his statement would be true, about the EMS not supplying any tracking because of the Chinese New Year? 

Sorry OT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back