local retailers in LA area?
Mar 24, 2009 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

j2kei

500+ Head-Fier
i was wondering if you guys know any local retailers in the LA area that carry at least mid-fi headphones? akgs, denons, sennheiser, etc. i believe guitar center and sam ash carry some. i have a friend who is particularly interested in the akg 701/702 but would liek to hear before buying. thanks

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 11
I've searched around a bit (SFV/West LA area) and, Guitar Center notwithstanding, haven't been able to find a place that will let you try anything thats not by Bose or Skullcandy
frown.gif
. Ill just subscribe to thread and hope someone finds a place.

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 11
dxc seems interesting. might wanna give them a call and see what they have on display to hear. i went to west la music and guitar center, they dont really have much. west la music is more orientated towards studio monitors and etc. guitar center only has couple of beyerdynamic, akg k240, and a couple other stuff.

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #7 of 11
yea if u take the culver 6 bus from ackerman turnaround you can get there in about 30 minutes.

They have alot of good headphones but not ultra high end. Alot of selection though, they're a great resource.

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #8 of 11
Thanks for the tip. I might just do that instead of asking the gf for her car. Shes growing weary of the whole headphones thing ><.

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the tip. I might just do that instead of asking the gf for her car. Shes growing weary of the whole headphones thing ><.

Well, that's it for her, then.
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, that's it for her, then.
tongue.gif

Haha. Yeah, you think you're kidding but a guy's gotta have his riffs. [unsubscribed from this thread just in case; I have the tendency to leave my email refreshing on one of my screens
tongue.gif
. That would be a bad breakup.]

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #11 of 11
Cool, this old thread has been brought back to life.

It's nice to see that's there's other stores in the area that have a better variety of things to try out. Thanks for the info on the other stores. Hmm... maybe when I get time over summer, I'll try dropping by to check it out. It'll be nice to try some stuff out to compare or even better before buying if they carry any that I'm interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back