Living in Japan (Geisha,Gangsters,and Godzilla) A Diary.
Jun 4, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #166 of 215
  tee hee, too bad you don't have a big pot of curry in your fridge ^^

Tee hee Thunderpants...   

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #167 of 215

Good to see you have the Hawaii state flag up.

Yup.

Some kids are like...."Are you from England?"
After puking in my mouth...
tongue.gif
....I tell them it's the Hawaiian state flag
biggrin.gif

The classroom is swapmeet meets cheesy 70's Hawaii Five-O rerun

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #170 of 215

He did this today....on a very pretty girls upper thigh. I think only her man will ever see less she walks around in bikini's a lot...which she might do
tongue.gif

yum

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #172 of 215

Did an Indian Yellow Curry today, topped with Fresh Mint and yogurt, yum! This ones got Potatoes, carrots, celery, and lots of tomatoes [wish I had more Tomaotes and mushrooms] 

Quote:

Yes. Yum.

I love this guy. He's old school gone good.  Very talented too. 

I didn't even mean to type that xD but once I did well I just left it there, and yes he's really very talented! 

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #174 of 215

ikr, I used Romas and I quarted em, I knew they would shirnk down. Non the less I really just needed more shrooms as the cooked down tomatoes formed much of the "liquid" that built the actual sauce, didn't water it down any considering I knew all mah veggies would sweat their own liquids out 

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #175 of 215
Okay, I know that explaining stuff like jokes or admiration may ruin the joke or cheapen the feeling for many, but I'm a fan of ruin and cheap things. I'm a super fan of @Hawaiibadboy. I'm interested in transgressive art and literature, but I've never before encountered any character or story as subversive as Hawaii's. There are tons of memoirs recounting the G life, from current and former Yakuzas and family members, and equally countless stories of being a gaijin in Japan. But Hawaii's story is more subversive without transgression (no yawner stories of tongue-cutting and murder and all that old William S. Burroughs niche), and the best thing of all, very, very human. There are so, so many who chose to live in Japan but I never once envied their lives. Sure, Japan is cool--Japan is Japan. But it's like they're merely witnessing life in Japan, not living there. And then I see Hawaii's continuing visual essay, and I laugh my heart out. As I said before, he's like Japan to Japan. He becomes Japan without even trying to be Japan, unlike most everyone else enchanted by the country, its culture/subcultures and people. He doesn't even seem like he watches anime lol! You see him bringing his own brand of Hawaiian lifestyle, experiencing the more interesting, human side of the G life (as he said, you don't want to cross their paths sideways; he occasionally says things that enlighten you like Zen koans), and practically being a cooler version of Great Teacher Onizuka if only because he has his own god damn school. He has built himself as an institution in his community without succumbing to assimilation. It's like... it's like... it's like the most American way to be Japanese or something like that. Although he's not quite one nor the other. Alright, keep going. Don't mind me.

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #176 of 215
Hey HBB, pretty cool diary thread you got going here for sure :cool:

Looks like you're having fun :)

The headphone scene in Japan must be intense with the kind of stores you post photos of - they're like headcan heaven, with what looks like they stock any and every brand, make and model number known to man :blink:

Are these type of headphone stores common or you just hit lucky and live near one?

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/3uaHSB0pP7M[/VIDEO]​

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #177 of 215
  Okay, I know that explaining stuff like jokes or admiration may ruin the joke or cheapen the feeling for many, but I'm a fan of ruin and cheap things. I'm a super fan of @Hawaiibadboy. I'm interested in transgressive art and literature, but I've never before encountered any character or story as subversive as Hawaii's. There are tons of memoirs recounting the G life, from current and former Yakuzas and family members, and equally countless stories of being a gaijin in Japan. But Hawaii's story is more subversive without transgression (no yawner stories of tongue-cutting and murder and all that old William S. Burroughs niche), and the best thing of all, very, very human. There are so, so many who chose to live in Japan but I never once envied their lives. Sure, Japan is cool--Japan is Japan. But it's like they're merely witnessing life in Japan, not living there. And then I see Hawaii's continuing visual essay, and I laugh my heart out. As I said before, he's like Japan to Japan. He becomes Japan without even trying to be Japan, unlike most everyone else enchanted by the country, its culture/subcultures and people. He doesn't even seem like he watches anime lol! You see him bringing his own brand of Hawaiian lifestyle, experiencing the more interesting, human side of the G life (as he said, you don't want to cross their paths sideways; he occasionally says things that enlighten you like Zen koans), and practically being a cooler version of Great Teacher Onizuka if only because he has his own god damn school. He has built himself as an institution in his community without succumbing to assimilation. It's like... it's like... it's like the most American way to be Japanese or something like that. Although he's not quite one nor the other. Alright, keep going. Don't mind me.

Never seen anime
biggrin.gif

These are my friends. 
They know my story via a well respected "sempai" of theirs.
I get the respect.

I don't think they watch anime either but...I dunno?

Say please when you want something.
Thank you if you get it or someone tried.
And act like a man worthy of respect and you get it. The folks who have trouble in Japan have it at home too. I speak no Japanese. It's not needed.

Respect is gained via actions....not words. Words are easy. 
Good things tend not to be easy.

Vid from yesterday.
Season of swim starts 3rd week in July. Started yesterday for me. Underwater canm great in clear water with contrast but poor in murky water

It's HD so you can click 1080P

I got myself in trouble (was asked to stop) today at a big shop for walking in with my rig in my pocket and not around my neck. Looked kinda sketchy but I was fixated on the Sz1000 and HDJ8 way too much and was not smooth. I went out cuz your comment about the 1000 not being on the list made a lot of sense....I mean....What?? What was I thinking (not thinking actually)

I was using the Beats track too so I spent more time than usual and they just have had enough.  I went to a Guitar center to push the Sig dj and re hear the A.A. and switched them on the list on/off. The Sig Hammer and shine up around 2pac hits like 70Hz. That beats track sounded great in the sense the high parts were crystal clear but the lows near 30Hz were dropping off sharply (on my settings). But hammers in their own high quality right...and they are top 10 slammers.

Was that Beats track made before the new series because it sounded better on the SZ than on the Beats.
tongue.gif

Kinda like JVC said...All your bases are belong to us!!

Anyway..I'll let this get back to Diary mode and leave the bass talk for the other thread but to finally answer the damn question
biggrin.gif

Most decent sized towns have a good 2 or 3 places where you can try on cans and bigger cities have Audiophile dreamlands.  

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #178 of 215
Never seen anime:D

These are my friends. 
I get the respect.

And act like a man worthy of respect and you get it. The folks who have trouble in Japan have it at home too. I speak no Japanese. It's not needed.

Vid from yesterday.
Season of swim starts 3rd week in July. Started yesterday for me. Underwater canm great in clear water with contrast but poor in murky water

It's HD so you can click 1080P

I got myself in trouble (was asked to stop) today at a big shop for walking in with my rig in my pocket and not around my neck. Looked kinda sketchy but I was fixated on the Sz1000 and HDJ8 way too much and was not smooth. I went out cuz your comment about the 1000 not being on the list made a lot of sense....I mean....What?? What was I thinking (not thinking actually)

I was using the Beats track too so I spent more time than usual and they just have had enough.  I went to a Guitar center to push the Sig dj and re hear the A.A. and switched them on the list on/off. The Sig Hammer and shine up around 2pac hits like 70Hz. That beats track sounded great in the sense the high parts were crystal clear but the lows near 30Hz were dropping off sharply (on my settings). But hammers in their own high quality right...and they are top 10 slammers.

Was that Beats track made before the new series because it sounded better on the SZ than on the Beats.:p

Kinda like JVC said...All your bases are belong to us!!

Anyway..I'll let this get back to Diary mode and leave the bass talk for the other thread but to finally answer the damn question:D

Most decent sized towns have a good 2 or 3 places where you can try on cans and bigger cities have Audiophile dreamlands.  

Cool video bro - I think adding videos the way you do enriches your online diary a myriad fold - they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I guess moving pictures with sound is worth - a million? - a billion? - a zillion? - a bazillion? :D :cool:

That beach looks beautiful and pretty clear water with plenty fish darting about :)

I absolutely agree - actions speak louder than words - BS walks, action talks

Stay well bro :)

ps - nice slo-mo touchdown catch, I'd recommend you trial for the NFL but looks like you're having too much fun in the land of the rising sun :wink:

Sayonara for now :)

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #179 of 215
Cool video bro - I think adding videos the way you do enriches your online diary a myriad fold - they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I guess moving pictures with sound is worth - a million? - a billion? - a zillion? - a bazillion?
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

That beach looks beautiful and pretty clear water with plenty fish darting about
smily_headphones1.gif

I absolutely agree - actions speak louder than words - BS walks, action talks

Stay well bro
smily_headphones1.gif

ps - nice slo-mo touchdown catch, I'd recommend you trial for the NFL but looks like you're having too much fun in the land of the rising sun
wink.gif

Sayonara for now
smily_headphones1.gif

Man I genuinely have ADHD and OCD (Reason for my epic life events)

Coming to head-fi with nobody showing the head slamming action of basscans made no sense? That paper test you joined is a visual that is clear. Needs no adjectives. That monster was moving air. End of story and bias and opinions. I love that clarity!! Thanks big time bro!! You get top shelf status permanent just for being a do'er.

Everheard a child scream bloody murder? Genuine horror? They paid to join my haunted house. Night vision cam ftw to capture the moment that will give him nightmares
He's still my student.....his sister just joined.

So yeah. Horror...it's a powerful emotion.....in 3....2....1

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #180 of 215

Never seen anime
biggrin.gif

These are my friends. 
I get the respect.

Good point, words are super cheap 

and thats great that your not into anime, we already have a few memebers in Japan to share that part of the culture with us, what you do what your living,... seems like an "old shoool" style of life, meaning no anime no video game girl friends, or any of that crap.  But dude... it must be nice being a single male in Japan, all those lonely native girls... gawd knows the local guys aren't much into sex [except possibly a small bunch of maybe you friends an others living your life style]

Still man... jealous big time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back