Livewires.....
Sep 30, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #32 of 39
I got my impressions done at the hearing company in Hove, cost was £10, but i get the impression (no pun intended
tongue.gif
) that it's not a standard price.

As for colour, clear/clear is the way to go imo...

livewires.jpg

lefta.jpg

Sep 30, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #35 of 39
Obviously these arene't mine, think this is tan...

lwtan.jpg

These are blue shell with clear faceplates iirc, the blue faceplate colour is more like a sky blue, and non transparent...

lwblue.jpg

Sep 30, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #36 of 39
haha The help Baines thread! I hope you livewires owners don't mind posting these pics in one place. If you do, let me know, and I will remove.

Classic
peterdlai.jpg

Kosmic
kosmic.jpg

Vii_haven
vii_haven.jpg

dunbar
Dunbar42.jpg

Farkle
IMG_0738.jpg

Funk-o-meter
Funkometer.jpg

trickywombat
Trickywombat.jpg

Nice library I must say!

Sep 30, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #37 of 39
WOW thanks!! Seled the deal i think!!!!!!!

Tan looks good, i think it will be:
Clear & Tan,
Or Clear & Clear,
Or dark Blue & Clear

Tan/clear isnt geeky, and very discreet, then when i pop em out, i think it'd be nice to see some colour, or clear!

EDIT
I think clear/clear is best!

[size=x-large]EDIT:2
red/blue/black is the best now![/size]

I like the way you cant see in from the outside, and red/blue is a quick/classic way to differentiate the L & R

May 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #39 of 39
I have the new trips, just got them from Ear-Peace Technologies in California which is the patent holder and owner of LiveWires.  There is an upstart in Nashville called Fidelity making copies but I would take care not to go that route.  The gent in Nashville is a great Engineer, and a terrible businessman.

Anyways... as for color, I went with Tan for the faceplates and a red for the right, clear for the left.  It makes it easy to know which is which, and also makes it tough for people to know I have my ears in. 

Here's a trick for hiding the gold connectors on stage!  The latex material used on tool handles (for dipping) works well to hide the gold connectors and first inch or two of the black wire.  After dipping (hold the round part of the connector), you just clean off the surface that contacts the faceplate with an exacto and all is well.

The new trips are being manufactured in a high end lab in Minnesota.  The fit and finish is really nice, and the package is actually more compact than the original 2-driver design (which I also have).  Response is flat, and the improvement in the mids is significant over the 2 driver model.  Soundstage is great (dependant on quality of your impressions... go with open mouth and a bite-block!!!!) nice and wide, though not as wide as cirumnaural Grado's.

For the money, there is no question that Livewires are tops.  With my impressions, the total for trips was 400$.  Right now, the company is overwhelmed with orders.  So be patient as they are catching up on the backlog.  It may take 8-10 weeks until the lab catches up at end of June, but the wait is still worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back