Livewires - California Dreamin'
Sep 23, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #3,886 of 3,902
I filed a complaint through PayPal, and is it seems he didn't respond to their request, I received a refund. That makes /me happy.

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #3,887 of 3,902

Quote:
I filed a complaint through PayPal, and is it seems he didn't respond to their request, I received a refund. That makes /me happy.

Well, it's a bit too late for me to do that.  If I get a refund I'll take my kids to Baskin Robins for ice cream.

Sep 26, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #3,888 of 3,902
This is why I still haven't had mine repaired... I just have no faith in the J Diles side of livewires anymore!
frown.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #3,891 of 3,902
Fidelity released Quads. Fidelity Triples were terrible for me, so I wish there was upgrade-from-triples-to-quads program...

http://www.fidelitycustomearphones.net/new-fidelity-quads-now-available/

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #3,892 of 3,902
I have fidelity triples and they're amazing. If you look through the reviews (long enough) you'll see some comparing their sound to the ES3X. 
I find them ruler-flat; for some they may seem bass light with little sparkle. If the recording is well engineered/mastered then you hear all the goodness. If  the recording isn't great and isn't mastered great then it will sound that way.

It would be interesting to compare the triples to the quads.

one thing I would say though is that it took me a long time to get used to the sound (combination of brain burn-in and the trips burning in). But now all is well. Good soundstage (accurate), flat response, easy to drive (obviously) and sound great out of the iPhone 4.

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #3,893 of 3,902
While I know some people like Fidelity Triples' sound, my honest impression for them is quite negative as vii_haven's review. I had used them for hundreds of hours with several sources but LiveWires T1 are always better. Anyway, this may be a matter of taste.

Quads are interesting - 4way crossover, woofer and $589. Looking forward to someone's review.

May 3, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #3,894 of 3,902

Hi everyone i'm new to here I just ordered my T1 at Jaben singapore on 30 april 2011 with impresion made I ordered it all clear. i would like to know what colour cable choice did you all get. i heard that the clear seems to have oxidising after afew months use.What are the material they use to cover for the clear cable.On their website they stated braided.So what did you guys get for the stock cable.I already email them LIvewires yesterday without consulting Jaben first for the changes of the cable colour. what you guys get for the cable colour and material is it braided or rubber like.

.thanks

May 3, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #3,895 of 3,902

what are the cables,is it stock cables?what are they made of exactly.
Quote:
Looks like all the old-timers are AFK or gone...

But anyway.

Kosmic, I really have to thank you for your push-up technique. I'm not entirely sure if it works exactly your way (pushing once to break the seal), but what I did was push it to break the seal, finish a conversation (like with a store cashier), release, and ahh, the music is back.

I'm not sure if I have the "feet tapping" going yet but it does nearly make me want to swoon. Of course, maybe to have the LW's do simply everything (like making me cry buckets over Faye Wong's and Namie Amuro's vocals) would be pushing it.

But, it definitely has the resolving power of Hubble...after its spoilt lens got replaced
k701smile.gif

It is very scary to have more than 2 instruments to pop out of nowhere in a song you thought you knew (like in Savage Garden's "To The Moon And Back" which definitely adds to the swooning. The rhythmic plucking of a guitar (think it's bass guitar) throughout the duration, and everything sounding so (sur)real...

Verdict - THEY ROCK!

And a few pictures :

This...is Jaben!
34fiuc2.jpg

2zyztx0.jpg

eao8kp.jpg

Sorry about the bad pictures...

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #3,896 of 3,902
I just got back my Livewires back from being repaired. I still send them to Alclair in Minneapolis. They have been remolded a few times from me crushing one side or the other. Made trips from duals. I still use them. Who else still likes them?

May 3, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #3,900 of 3,902
There are many options in the price range these were. I wouldn't bother with them and find another company.

This. Dealing with them would be asking for trouble... they were doing poorly back when this thread was fairly active, and have now gone largely silent. No reason to think anything has improved.

Stick with 64 Audio or Empire or Noble or JH or UE or Unique Melody or any of the dozen+ other CIEM companies with an active user base and reachable customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back