Livewires - California Dreamin'
Sep 15, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #3,736 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure whether one or two per ear, however, they said "it should have fixed the problem". I really hope so.

Btw, their mail-server seems to have some problem. I couldn't receive some of their messages and they couldn't receive some of my messages.

Hi isao

I was just wondering if you had received them back from fidelity and they had fixed the problem?

I am waiting for mine in the post, I got an email last week saying they replaced the crossover in one of the ears. I'm praying this fixes the problem, but some how due to past bad experience I have a feeling I am going to get the exact same pair back which I sent them over a month ago.

Fingers crossed X

Sep 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #3,737 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnullify /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neither. for some reason they're both being weird...

I took the risk placing an order with the CA livewires, because i am local and John Diles was able to take my impressions for me, thus saving me $80 on impressions. maybe they'll turn out better than their reputation.

When i met him, he assured me he would be able to get them done in 2 weeks max. he encouraged me to call him some time next week and "bug him to see if he can make some calls" . On day 9 i called him to see what's going on, and he said they're really loaded, but he'll put my name ahead of others, and get it done in two weeks.

i called again on day 14, as he encouraged, and he said "I know they're in production, and i'll check up on them for you. I'll definitely have them here for you this week"
he tells me to call first thing the next day (day 15). which i do.

day 15: voicemail
i wait, thinking he's busy today, afterall he encouraged me to call, so he'd answer if he could right?

day 16: voice mail.

day 18: voicemail 2x and an email ignored.

It goes on as such.

so today the office number was called, not his personal number. and wouldn't you know? he's on vacation. He left on day 14, and encouraged me to call back on day 15.
basically, he had no intention of actually answering my call, and was just yanking me around me. duh.
Not to mention, the lady who answered the call, said that "he's a little aggressive about dates of completion, and our lab's running a week late. i doubt you'll have it this week."
so, it's already a week later than he firmly assured me they would be done, and i've got another 1-2 weeks to go.

I expected a week more than he would say, but 5-6 weeks? i think that's just poor management. i doubt they have enough business to justify that kind of a delay.

So, if anyone is considering the CA,
Basically John will tell you whatever he thinks you want to hear to get your business. A month is a more realistic estimation of turn-around.
-If you're local, and you're saving $80 on impressions this way, then it's arguably worth it.
-If you're going to have to pay for impressions either way, i'd suggest you take your business to the other office.

Sounds exactly like the slimeballs at the TN office. Same exact scam and run-around. I got my money back from my CC company (and put a black flag on their business) as well as filing a complaint with their local BBB. They're known for their shady business practices.

Sep 16, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #3,740 of 3,902
I know a month seems like a long time, especially when you were promised a much quicker turn-around. For some of us, it was 3 months. It was a bit frustrating. I got the same run-around with the changing dates, but in the end it was worth the wait. I don't know what the current problems are. It sounds like there may be quality issues as well as the delays. I hope not and that it works out for you in the end.

Sep 16, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #3,741 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi isao

I was just wondering if you had received them back from fidelity and they had fixed the problem?

I am waiting for mine in the post, I got an email last week saying they replaced the crossover in one of the ears. I'm praying this fixes the problem, but some how due to past bad experience I have a feeling I am going to get the exact same pair back which I sent them over a month ago.

Fingers crossed X

I received and tried my fixed Triples. The sound seems to be a little improved, but unfortunately, is still defocused and blurred. My LiveWires T1 are definitely better than the fixed Triples.

A few days ago, a kind man, who had also received terrible Triples, sent them back to Fidelity and received fixed Triples, lent his fixed Triples to me.

I compared my fixed Triples to his fixed Triples. They had almost the same sound charactor. Defocused and blurred.

So, unless they can fix my Triples again, my conclusion is that Fidelity Triples are worse than LiveWires T1.

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #3,742 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received and tried my fixed Triples. The sound seems to be a little improved, but unfortunately, is still defocused and blurred. My LiveWires T1 are definitely better than the fixed Triples.

A few days ago, a kind man, who had also received terrible Triples, sent them back to Fidelity and received fixed Triples, lent his fixed Triples to me.

I compared my fixed Triples to his fixed Triples. They had almost the same sound charactor. Defocused and blurred.

So, unless they can fix my Triples again, my conclusion is that Fidelity Triples are worse than LiveWires T1.

Thank you for the review,isao.

E-mail does not come from Fidelity as everybody says.
I send the fourth mail to Fidelity(TN office) today........

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #3,744 of 3,902
Well, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I had to send mine back with a new impression.

Just wanted to say that I've had good communication with Catherine from the TN office both by phone (better) and e-mail (24-48hrs).

Will give a final opinion once I've received my pair, but for now I still give them the benefice of the doubt. I think they're having issues, but are really trying hard to get their act together and make their customers happy.

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #3,745 of 3,902
Well, I'm in Singapore too hoping to get my soon
But now it seems very much like a 'cheap' gamble for a student
frown.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #3,746 of 3,902
Well, the livewires CA office WILL not be able to do under a 3 week turn around. apparently, John has a habit of making promises he can not keep, and being aggressive in his timing estimates.

so i won't have mine until late next week- past the month marker. if that.

This wouldn't have been so frustrating if he was honest about the turn-around. I had resigned myself to 3 weeks, he said 2. It wouldn't have been so bad if i had been told 3-4 weeks. at least then, i would not be so anxious about it being late.

if he was honest about it, i probably still would have gone with him over the competition, was still a cheaper option.

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #3,747 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lonereaction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, isn't that extremely loud? I listen to about 25-40% of my ipod classic. 40% is all I really need at most, to cover the most noisy crowds/train rides decently..

Depends on the songs original volume..they are all different. Think about it.

Sep 20, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #3,748 of 3,902
I have been , and still am interested in LW for such a long time , but right now i am more than a little bit worried about their customer service.In fact i want duals , not triples, are there same quality issues like with triples?(i mean bad sound , but what about fit issues are they very common?) i do no live in a US, i do not care about long wait (even few months is fyne) but do not want to wait for months and then recieve sh**s not great customs for best price.So my only question is , should i go for TN or CA office , or totally forget it?Regards,
lu

Sep 20, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #3,749 of 3,902
As far as i know, the quality issues are with the triples from fidelity. I haven't read many posts by satisfied owners of the triples from the CA, or TN office.

Which is why i went with the duel drivers, because there are so many satisfied people with duels...

right now, i'd go with the CA office, because at least the office is responding to email and calls, if not the main representative John diles....
I think, if you go into it knowing it'll take anywhere up to 2 months, than you will likely be satisfied.

I'm scheduled to receive my livewires this coming week. if they come through (which i am not very confident), then that'll be a total of 5 weeks. and I'm in the states, only about a 25 minute drive from their office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back