Livewires - California Dreamin'
Sep 1, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #3,721 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They could be ordering from the Livewires office (CA), not from the Fidelity office (TN) which is where I was reffering to. Hence the term triples.

Oh yeah Jaben gets them from the CA office

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #3,722 of 3,902
Well, I've received mines from the TN office. I think they messed up. It looks like I have someone else's impression. Strangely enough, I'm able to insert them in my ears but there is no seal and they are very uncomfortable. What do you say? Same ear or wrong ear...

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #3,724 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I've received mines from the TN office. I think they messed up. It looks like I have someone else's impression. Strangely enough, I'm able to insert them in my ears but there is no seal and they are very uncomfortable. What do you say? Same ear or wrong ear...

Um... Umm...
frown.gif

Btw my Triples, which Catherine said they were due to ship back to me on 08/19/09, haven't been shipped yet. Um.

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #3,725 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YIKES.

that's really gotta suck! are they the right colors?

doesn't matter who's ears they are, if they dont fit they aren't yours!

whats with all the issues with fidelity TN office? it seems like all the current issues are from there!

week 2 on my CA livewires... they are being fabricated according to John.

let you know how it goes!

Sep 2, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #3,726 of 3,902
Color is fine. The orange ones are Freqs of Nature (badly used) perfect fit. The other was sent to me by Fidelity Audio TN, but I think these are not mine.

Catherine has received my e-mail this morning (from read receipt), but I have not heard from her. My guess is that I'll have to call them. Seems the method of communication of choice.

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #3,728 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a mail from Fidelity that said they had replaced two of the drivers of my Triples. Looking forward to the fixed Triples.

Hi isao, I am in the same boat as you I sent them back on the 24 of august for repair because I was getting the muffled veiled sound like you, and I am still waiting for them to reply. Did they replace one driver in each ear? or two in each ear?

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #3,729 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi isao, I am in the same boat as you I sent them back on the 24 of august for repair because I was getting the muffled veiled sound like you, and I am still waiting for them to reply. Did they replace one driver in each ear? or two in each ear?

I'm not sure whether one or two per ear, however, they said "it should have fixed the problem". I really hope so.

Btw, their mail-server seems to have some problem. I couldn't receive some of their messages and they couldn't receive some of my messages.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #3,730 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Btw, their mail-server seems to have some problem. I couldn't receive some of their messages and they couldn't receive some of my messages.

That's really spazzy. are you sure they're not just ignoring them? they should sort that out.

steph, have you called them yet?

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #3,731 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnullify /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's really spazzy. are you sure they're not just ignoring them? they should sort that out.

steph, have you called them yet?

I called them today, they said they should have them back from the lab on Tuesday/Wednesday next week. They don't know what the problem is yet, so I will have to wait until then. With regards to the email issues, I don't see how it can be a problem with their email server/client, as I have sent and received emails from the same accounts on previous occasions. Catherine, must have been too busy to reply to them, and it therefore seems that telephone is the quickest and most efficient method of communication with Fidelity TN. I am very hesitant to pass judgment on this company whether it be positive or negative, until I receive the pair back to see if the problem has been resolved.

Steph

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #3,735 of 3,902
Neither. for some reason they're both being weird...

I took the risk placing an order with the CA livewires, because i am local and John Diles was able to take my impressions for me, thus saving me $80 on impressions. maybe they'll turn out better than their reputation.

When i met him, he assured me he would be able to get them done in 2 weeks max. he encouraged me to call him some time next week and "bug him to see if he can make some calls" . On day 9 i called him to see what's going on, and he said they're really loaded, but he'll put my name ahead of others, and get it done in two weeks.

i called again on day 14, as he encouraged, and he said "I know they're in production, and i'll check up on them for you. I'll definitely have them here for you this week"
he tells me to call first thing the next day (day 15). which i do.

day 15: voicemail
i wait, thinking he's busy today, afterall he encouraged me to call, so he'd answer if he could right?

day 16: voice mail.

day 18: voicemail 2x and an email ignored.

It goes on as such.

so today the office number was called, not his personal number. and wouldn't you know? he's on vacation. He left on day 14, and encouraged me to call back on day 15.
basically, he had no intention of actually answering my call, and was just yanking me around me. duh.
Not to mention, the lady who answered the call, said that "he's a little aggressive about dates of completion, and our lab's running a week late. i doubt you'll have it this week."
so, it's already a week later than he firmly assured me they would be done, and i've got another 1-2 weeks to go.

I expected a week more than he would say, but 5-6 weeks? i think that's just poor management. i doubt they have enough business to justify that kind of a delay.

So, if anyone is considering the CA,
Basically John will tell you whatever he thinks you want to hear to get your business. A month is a more realistic estimation of turn-around.
-If you're local, and you're saving $80 on impressions this way, then it's arguably worth it.
-If you're going to have to pay for impressions either way, i'd suggest you take your business to the other office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back