Livewires - California Dreamin'
Aug 14, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #3,691 of 3,902
Well, not luck for me. I've finally received my order, but the fit isn't right. They look quite different from my Freq's which are super comfortable. Very disappointed.

I'll put some pics up later. I'd like to have your suggestions.
mad.gif

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #3,692 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, not luck for me. I've finally received my order, but the fit isn't right. They look quite different from my Freq's which are super comfortable. Very disappointed.

I'll put some pics up later. I'd like to have your suggestions.
mad.gif

Just to clarify, you ordered from Fidelity (TN) not EarPeace/Livewires (CA) right? I think it would help clarify if everyone posted that info when posting pics/review/issues/etc.

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #3,694 of 3,902
Don't bother ordering from the scumbags in TN either. I placed an order nearly 6 weeks ago and still nothing. When I am able to get them on the phone (very rarely), I get garbage excuses like FedEx lost the headphones that they sent to me and they are remaking them. They refuse to give me the tracking number for the bogus shipment though.

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #3,695 of 3,902
I already posted this is the all custom IEM thread, but this is relevant here.

The pictures were updated to show them inserted correctly and actually fitting.

I ordered from the TN office and it took 3 weeks and 3 days.

I am a worship leader so I am using these with AT wireless in ears and went for discretion with the beige all around. I am really liking them so far. I wasn't sure about the low end from reading reviews, but overall I am loving the sound. Just got them today though, we will see how they do for stage monitoring after practice and Sunday morning this week...

3832937261_f2a69dc299_o.jpg

3832937117_2746ab0537_o.jpg

3832341124_270960e6c5_o.jpg

3832340890_e4df15e513_o.jpg

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #3,696 of 3,902
I sent my pair back to fidelity on monday for repair, hopefuly they can sort out the muddy muffled sound i was experiencing.

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #3,697 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TyRip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already posted this is the all custom IEM thread, but this is relevant here.

The pictures were updated to show them inserted correctly and actually fitting.

I ordered from the TN office and it took 3 weeks and 3 days.

I am a worship leader so I am using these with AT wireless in ears and went for discretion with the beige all around. I am really liking them so far. I wasn't sure about the low end from reading reviews, but overall I am loving the sound. Just got them today though, we will see how they do for stage monitoring after practice and Sunday morning this week...

TyRip,
Yours is a dual, right?
You will need ambience mic to be able to pickup audience with IEMs. If this is first time you are using IEMs for service, do have a backup plan that you can revert to, quickly and discreetly.
Update us on your experience.

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #3,698 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by salient2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TyRip,
Yours is a dual, right?
You will need ambience mic to be able to pickup audience with IEMs. If this is first time you are using IEMs for service, do have a backup plan that you can revert to, quickly and discreetly.
Update us on your experience.

Yes, Fidelity Duals.

I actually do pretty well with an overhead mic on the kit as my only ambience (we are all tight packed, just me, a kit, and bass player), and then also add the pastors headset and all the random handheld wireless to my ears mix so I don't start talking overtop of someone else, haha.

I have used ears many times before, just with E2s, Future Sonics EM3, and SCL3s more recently. I never want to go back to wedges.

I had practice yesterday, and the first few minutes with the Livewires was interesting. I got so much more "head voice" muddying up my ears with the livewires than I did with really well sealed Shure olive tips on the SCL3s. I had to crank my voice in my ears, but I could clearly hear my acoustic and the bass guitar and drum kit. I ended up getting used to it and gradually turned my vocal mic down in my mix, and ended up feeling pretty comfortable. At first I didn't feel like they sealed as well as the SCL3s, but I actually do think they seal even more than the Shures after a rehearsal with them. I think I will be a big fan, and absolutely love the comfort, but it is more of a change than I expected coming from universal fit IEMs. I will post again after Sunday and see how they work out in the service.

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #3,699 of 3,902
This thread is certainly intriguing! i can't possibly read through all of this, but wow!

I'm currently looking towards a pair of customs for personal listening, and the livewires seem pretty much all around loved!

Should i get them, i'm planning on buying them from livewires, which i take to be the Ca office, as i haven't read about quality issues of them, and i'm located pretty close to them.

What is the difference between the two, now they've split?

And can anyone who's owned both the duel drivers and the trips comment on the difference? (or point me to a point in the thread where this has occured?)

thanks

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #3,702 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by salient2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how was Sunday?

I was pretty pleased with the Livewires yesterday. The comfort is the biggest thing, and how much easier they are to get in and out of my ears is great compared to the SCL3s. The only thing is sometimes getting the top, front little flap of the ear over top of the right earpiece is a little tricky at times. When that somehow gets folded over and pinched to where it can still seal is the only time I get discomfort. I just haven't found a foolproof method of checking before I go on stage and start playing.

The sound was great. Definitely clearer than the SCL3, but it's not like I can really comment on distinct sound quality differences when everyone plays differently every week, instruments are tweaked, my mix changes based on what I feel like that day, etc.

One other thing that really comes in handy with the customs over universals is being able to push up under my ear and break the seal instantly and just let go and have it seal again. I can push up my ear to hear questions from the band, etc. and then just let my ear go and I go back to a perfect seal. There is no way you can do that with universals that seal well.

Overall there are way too many benefits to a musician to using customs to truly justify using any universals, as long as you can afford the $300 or so for shipping, impressions, livewires. Even if I got better sound quality out of a $300 universal, as a musician I would gladly still use the livewires. I never have a problem with hearing/feeling the kick if there is enough in my mix, and never suffer for clarity in my voice, and the benefits for taking in/out and hearing the band are awesome.

Aug 24, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #3,703 of 3,902
So, Jumping in here,
I Sent an email to the Livewire in ca customer service. I then got a reply from John diles with his cell number (no one was there to answer the office number, it looks like).

So i called John Diles (CA Livewire), with questions about livewires. I live in the Bay area CA, relatively close to him, and He said he is able to take impressions for me, for free.

When i asked about turn-around time, he said it's pretty firmly around 2 weeks. He said that recently he's had a shortage of wires, but he is expecting a shipment of 500 pretty soon. When i mentioned issues people here have posted, he said that he doesn't really read head-fi that much, and he really aught to (does that answer address my concern about delay?)

When i asked if the Duels suited me, he explained that he thinks the duels are superb, and that he suggests the duels to most people. He said, the only reason he came out wit the triple, is that everyone else has them, and he doesn't understand why.

He said, that he'd like to set me up with some duels, and if i don't like them, he'll gladly upgrade me to triples, and i only pay the difference. Also touching upon the 30-day satisfaction, or return policy they have.

So, in all, John sounds like a pretty nice guy. He got my name right, which is saying something.

and a bonus, is that the impressions are free, so i'm immediatley shaving off $100 (3 places quoted around there for both ears), and only paying the base $250, as apposed to the $310 fidelity charges...

Looks like it's well worth the risk, in money at least. opinions?

Aug 25, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #3,705 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go for it. Enough with indecision.
smily_headphones1.gif

x2

Unless he really asked you if duels suited you. In which case, just run away, and call the cops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back