Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jun 16, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #3,616 of 3,902
After a few more phone calls today to the TN office, I finally got to talk to Catherine who calmly announced me that their turn around was actually 2 1/2 to 3 weeks now, not 2 weeks ... hmmm ... that's new to me, and that my Duals should ship by Friday. Well if I count right that's just 1 day short of 3 weeks.
Let's hope that's all true and that I'll receive them next week as planned.
More ranting later if I don't hear from them on Friday.

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #3,617 of 3,902
looking forward to a review on the triple drivers.... Perhaps I should order one myself?
Althought I'm quite satisfied with Dual now.....

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #3,618 of 3,902
looking forward to a review on the triple drivers.... Perhaps I should order one myself?
Althought I'm quite satisfied with Dual now.....

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #3,620 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I did it! Sent my impression over yesterday. Now just have to be patient for a month!

To which office did you send them to?

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #3,621 of 3,902
TN. Read customer service was better. In fact, I spoke to a real person (Catherine) when I called!
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 23, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #3,623 of 3,902
The saga continues ...
Today is Tuesday and I have no news of my IEMs. They were supposed to ship Friday but I haven't received any shipment notification and actually no feedback whatsoever from Fidelity. Hopefully this week. If I have to wait 6 months like other Headfiers have, I'm going to go either crazy or postal ...

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #3,627 of 3,902
For those who have followed the "saga", I have received my Fidelity Duals yesterday ... no need to go postal after all.
However I can't say I'm all that impressed with the sound and I'm afraid (or rather, I really hope) the seal is probably responsible for that. Also they're still burning-in, maybe that'll help too, but overall I find the sound lacking bass and volume, that has to be due to the seal. I did go to an audiologist to get the ear impressions done, and he seemed knowledgeable, and he did follow the instructions Fidelity have on their order form, and it was an open mouth impression, but despite all that the seal on the right side is very loose. Just by gently pulling the cable up I can break the seal on that side ... not good, right? Plus in my opinion they could have made the IEMs go deeper, maybe I should have specified that on the order form, or maybe I'm just used to having my Q-Jays go deep and now these seem a bit shallow.
So I guess I'll go buy some transparent nail polish in the afternoon and try to fix the seal myself (at least temporarily) to see how the sound improves. Any suggestions on which polish works best and how to proceed cautiously, I wouldn't want to ruin the IEMs just yet.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #3,628 of 3,902
Do you mean burning in by your ears are burning into their sound signature or you actually have noise playing in the iem? Just curious because balanced armatures unlike dynamics do not burn in over more use.

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #3,630 of 3,902
Hi hockeyb213,
Well I thought all headphones needed to be burnt-in so I was just playing some random music in them to "open them up", but I guess I just wasted my time then.
But you're right, I was also burning-in my ears, after all those IEMs have a different sound signature and I have to get used to them.
So after the weekend (not as much time passed listening to them as I hoped), I'm warming up to the Duals, the nail polish did help improve the seal in my right ear, but I still feel that they're too loose in my ears. Not a big deal really, I don't play on stage or go to the gym with them but still they don't fit as snugly as my Q-Jays for instance, nor do they go as deep in my ear canals and that feels strange. Maybe it's just anew habit I have to get used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back