Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jan 13, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #3,286 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by longhornhombre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember someone around here had painted their connectors--maybe with acrylic of some sort?
LiveWires will now coat the connectors themselves if you ask them to, though.

hahahahha~ that sounds good..but i don't know if i should risk sending them back...cus...i've heard the turn-a-round time is just........horrible. That right?

Jan 13, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #3,287 of 3,902
Quote:

I remember someone around here had painted their connectors--maybe with acrylic of some sort?
LiveWires will now coat the connectors themselves if you ask them to, though.

just a thought while browsing the custom iem pic thread
theres a set of hearyourself there with starwars stormtroopers head stuck to the face plate
i thought if you guys hated the gold connector, instead of painting it, why not get one of those rubber or plastic action figures that you like, cut the head in half, carve out a cavity on the flat part where you cut the head to fit the connector and stick the connector in the head then plug it in
you now have a custom custom iem with a lotta attitude, and the head will swivel with the connector,
nodding stormtrooper or gi joe or whatever anyone?

and you're not limited to action figure heads btw
you can do the animal headset thing
cut of a small srubber toy animal carve a cavity for connector stick the head on the left and the butt end of the animal on the right or however ou prefer it
just a thought hahaha

Jan 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #3,290 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by furstrated /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just a thought while browsing the custom iem pic thread
theres a set of hearyourself there with starwars stormtroopers head stuck to the face plate
i thought if you guys hated the gold connector, instead of painting it, why not get one of those rubber or plastic action figures that you like, cut the head in half, carve out a cavity on the flat part where you cut the head to fit the connector and stick the connector in the head then plug it in
you now have a custom custom iem with a lotta attitude, and the head will swivel with the connector,
nodding stormtrooper or gi joe or whatever anyone?

and you're not limited to action figure heads btw
you can do the animal headset thing
cut of a small srubber toy animal carve a cavity for connector stick the head on the left and the butt end of the animal on the right or however ou prefer it
just a thought hahaha

And your favorite question for the girls on a first date is "Who is better, Batman or Spiderman?", am I right?
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #3,291 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And your favorite question for the girls on a first date is "Who is better, Batman or Spiderman?", am I right?
biggrin.gif

wrong
im quite the nerd but only with fellow nerds
besides, girls only go for who is hotter queations, so the question should go, who is hotter, wonderwoman or batgirl?

as i have said, i saw a set done like that on the custom iem pics thread, and since theres a lot of rant here about the gold plug , i thought you can do this instead
and you're not limited to the stormtroopers head,
its just done like that, the pair i saw, i think it was for boomy's son who is quite the starwars fan
personally, i think i would go the animal firgurehead, head on one, tail on the other looks like the animal went into one ear and out the other

11ioo5c.jpg

gotta admit, they look really badass
image grabbed from hearyourself thread courtesy of boomy

Jan 14, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #3,292 of 3,902
I apologize in advance but without sifting through the last 30 pages in this thread, around how long is their turnaround? With what I've observed over the past couple of months, its ranged from 3 weeks, to upwards of almost 2 months!

Looking to get molds sometime this week and I wanted to get them delivered to me before I ship off to S. Korea on Feb 20th.

Jan 14, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #3,293 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by furstrated /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wrong
im quite the nerd but only with fellow nerds
besides, girls only go for who is hotter queations, so the question should go, who is hotter, wonderwoman or batgirl?

as i have said, i saw a set done like that on the custom iem pics thread, and since theres a lot of rant here about the gold plug , i thought you can do this instead
and you're not limited to the stormtroopers head,
its just done like that, the pair i saw, i think it was for boomy's son who is quite the starwars fan
personally, i think i would go the animal firgurehead, head on one, tail on the other looks like the animal went into one ear and out the other

11ioo5c.jpg

gotta admit, they look really badass
image grabbed from hearyourself thread courtesy of boomy

What does his son think about them? I like the heads/tail idea better - wiener dog here I come!

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #3,295 of 3,902
You should speak to Livewires on the phone about the ETA on a new order. When I got mine it took 3 weeks (sept 2007), but I know of a few 8-10 week cases since that time.

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #3,296 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does his son think about them? I like the heads/tail idea better - wiener dog here I come!

I can't believe I surfed over here just now. Danny thinks that they're "Sweeet". He's no audiophile so I can't comment on the SQ of the single drivers but his Plain White T's Rock. ( I set his Max. volume on his ipod to a reasonable level just in case.)( yes I do check it) all it takes is a little imagination. you can hot glue anything to the connectors of the livewires. The plug could not stick out any farther if it tried so tack anything on there you want. There is a set on the "Calling All Customs" thread that the guy HAND PAINTED !! with some acrylic model paints.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #3,297 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imslimjim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I apologize in advance but without sifting through the last 30 pages in this thread, around how long is their turnaround? With what I've observed over the past couple of months, its ranged from 3 weeks, to upwards of almost 2 months!

Looking to get molds sometime this week and I wanted to get them delivered to me before I ship off to S. Korea on Feb 20th.

I would contact them ahead of time as well as note the needed delivery time on your shipment order. Ship your impressions as fast as you can. Then...I would call/e-mail them every day checking on the status!

I've mentioned this before, but John Diles originally promised me less than a week turnaround (I had travel issues too). It took a lot of e-mails and phone calls to get them to me in about 4 weeks. I'd call their office and talk with Sarah--she was quite helpful for me.

I think they're just overloaded--but that's what happens when you deliver a great product at a great price.

Good luck!

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #3,298 of 3,902
so, i hear how the livewires are such a great value for their price. how does the bass compare up with klipsch image x10's? the x10's that i have are definitely a keeper, and i wont get customs for atleast a while. i just ask cuz i bought x10's for about 190, and the livewires are only about 60 dollars more. hows the sq, mids and bass and such on the livewires compared to x10's? anyone know? also, i do believe how u guys say they are so comfortable but, its made from all plastic, im just curious how this chunk of all plastic is apparently super comfortable in the ear versus a gel or softer texture material.

Jan 15, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #3,299 of 3,902
Quote:

I would contact them ahead of time as well as note the needed delivery time on your shipment order. Ship your impressions as fast as you can. Then...I would call/e-mail them every day checking on the status!

I've mentioned this before, but John Diles originally promised me less than a week turnaround (I had travel issues too). It took a lot of e-mails and phone calls to get them to me in about 4 weeks. I'd call their office and talk with Sarah--she was quite helpful for me.

I think they're just overloaded--but that's what happens when you deliver a great product at a great price.

Good luck!

actually ordered them today! I called them up (answered by the second ring) and they told me as long as I get the impressions in asap, then theres a good chance I could get them back before Feb 20th. The guy I spoke to (Art) told me to reference him on the order form and package.

Experience seems ok so far (crosses fingers).
beyersmile.png

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #3,300 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so, i hear how the livewires are such a great value for their price. how does the bass compare up with klipsch image x10's?
hows the sq, mids and bass and such on the livewires compared to x10's? anyone know?
also, i do believe how u guys say they are so comfortable but, its made from all plastic....

Sorry, I haven't heard the Klipsch x10s...but I can tell you that I'm a bass player and I've used the LiveWires in my home studio and on stage. My bass comes through sounding clearer than in my studio 'phones. In fact, depending on your seal and how accurate your impressions turn out--the bass can be almost too much.

They've got a great sparkle, both in the studio and on stage. I think the mids are sometimes just slightly a bit much for me, but nothing a little EQ or pre-amp can't fix.

As for the fit...I literally wore them for about 12 hours straight this weekend (four shows). No problems!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back