Livewires - California Dreamin'
Dec 22, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #3,256 of 3,902
Just got a call (wow after all this lack of communication) that my Livewires has a tracking number now (shipped by USPS, so they didn't upgrade the shipping). The turnaround time was 9 weeks less a day (62 days), excluding shipping of course.

So my (almost) complete story is now this:
Week 0, Oct 21 - Impressions arrived to LiveWires, credit card charged
Week 4 - Sent emails asking about the order (since the order form says 3-4 weeks). No reply.
Week 5 - Sent emails asking about the order. No reply again.
Week 6 - Sent another email, saying I will file a complaint with my credit card company. Got a reply saying they expect my order in mid-December
Week 7 - Asked about upgrading the shipping. No reply.
Week 7 - Asked about order status. No reply again.
Week 8, Dec 16 - Still no Livewires, and no reply.
Week 8, Dec 22 - Got a call that my Livewires have been shipped. (Not sure if Dec 22 is still considered "mid-December", but at least it is shipped)

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #3,257 of 3,902
Hope you like them - let us know
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #3,258 of 3,902
The impressions themselves look very...different. But this is a great thread. Seems like a jumbled mess of wires inside the casing of the earphones.

Dec 28, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #3,259 of 3,902
I just watched Colbie Caillat play on the show "Live from Abbey Road", to my surprise I noticed something golden on the band members IEM's... a closer look and I could clearly see the infamous MCX connector.
Feels nice to see a pair of LW's, spotting UE's is getting boring
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy new year!

Jan 3, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #3,261 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by longhornhombre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John assured me that all delivery and turnaround issues have been resolved as of this week. So we'll see.

I'll definitely post some updates.

Well, it took a lot of e-mailing and a number of phone calls, but LiveWires turned my set around in about a month (though John originally promised they could turn them around in less than a week).

I went for blue on black and I had them black out the connectors and leave out the ID tag too. Also, looks like they are now shipping LWs in a nice little case!

I'll be using these on stage, so for any musicians out there: They reproduce instruments wonderfully. I'm a bass player, and my bass (MusicMan StingRay5) comes through beautifully. Even the low B string!

All in all, quite pleased with the performance and fit.

Here are some pics.

Jan 3, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #3,262 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by longhornhombre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it took a lot of e-mailing and a number of phone calls, but LiveWires turned my set around in about a month (though John originally promised they could turn them around in less than a week).

I went for blue on black and I had them black out the connectors and leave out the ID tag too. Also, looks like they are now shipping LWs in a nice little case!

I'll be using these on stage, so for any musicians out there: They reproduce instruments wonderfully. I'm a bass player, and my bass (MusicMan StingRay5) comes through beautifully. Even the low B string!

All in all, quite pleased with the performance and fit.

Here are some pics.

Welcome to the club!!!
L3000.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #3,264 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by warehouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice color selection! I hope my clear/clear combination turns out that nice. I'll be at a month tomorrow so hopefully it won't be much longer.

After more than two months, my Livewires arrived yesterday. I have one of the ears in clear/clear too. Definitely not bad.

Initial impressions:
As with all dual(+) driver IEMs, the bass is more prominent than, say, the ER4
tongue.gif
(I love the ER4 by the way). The sound signature took a bit of getting used to (primarily due to I've been using my K701 exclusively for about two months). While as expected IEMs can't stretch as high or as low as the K701, at least the highs do NOT roll off as much as the Shures (SE530)...

After more than two months of frustration and waiting, I was prepared to hear them out and then return them if they don't come close to my expectations. For a dual driver IEM, I think they do quite a wonderful job. Personally though, I wish they have more prominent mids and highs, but I guess I need to go three-driver for that. It will be on my wish list.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #3,267 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm at 3 months wait time for repair, called both offices and neither answered. This company is really grating my nerves.

I should call them too, see if they can do anything for me, so far e-mails haven't been successful.

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #3,270 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cannot believe they are still having this issue

x2, its a shame that they are letting their customer service slide like this.

They have a very good product, but stories of people waiting months on repair's and not being able to contact them for updates on their progress will in the end, just put potential new buyers off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back