Livewires - California Dreamin'
Dec 8, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #3,226 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by _PsiFire_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like Livewires take a while to receive.. I shipped my impressions to Sleek Audio for their customs on Nov. 14th and received the final product on Nov. 27th - less than 2 weeks people!!

Good to know. If Sleek will send me a demo pair of SA6 so that I can determine my "audio finger print" (of course I will return them with my impressions for the customs), I will probably order a set of customs from them. But no one has answered my request here. Not even a "yes" or "no".

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #3,228 of 3,902
should I send them pictures or physically ship them to them? Powderhound would be of great help if he saw this
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #3,229 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to know. If Sleek will send me a demo pair of SA6 so that I can determine my "audio finger print" (of course I will return them with my impressions for the customs), I will probably order a set of customs from them. But no one has answered my request here. Not even a "yes" or "no".

I know what you mean, I just took a chance when I ordered as I also haven't heard the SA6 before I ordered the Customs.

I just said I wanted the most bass they can get on them and treble to match so everything is pretty much balanced. I guess that would be Bass + and Treble +.

I'm really really happy with them. They sound amazing.

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #3,230 of 3,902
Their customer service continues being a huge letdown for me. Both times I've called they didn't pick-up, and it was during office hours. Support hasn't answered to an e-mail I sent 25 days ago.

They have a great product, but a lot of companies carry a similar product now. There is no reason for this kind of customer service and if my headphones are lost in the mail I will certainly NOT buy another livewires product.

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #3,233 of 3,902
Hi there,

Here's an update of my LiveWires stroy so far:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lobbert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the part about this forum is true.
I send John a message with complaints about his aftersales and told him I wasn't the only one having that opinion and linked to these pages.
As a miracle I suddenly got a reply with the following promising words:

"You will have your Livewires by the 5th. We are expediting your particular order. Our slow turn around time is a problem which we will have completely resolved by December 15th for all customers. "

week #44, 29 october, send my impressions
week #45, 07 november, impressions arrived at Earpeace
week #46, 11 november, payment was made
--- no replys anymore
week #47, 21 november, got an update
week #49, 05 december, I should quote: "have" my LW's

Well, I don't know how but they should have been shipped by now to do so.

So I'm afraid this will be another example of the current service at Livewires...

And I also told John the long turnaround time is no problem to me.
But the false statements/promises are very annoying.

Well, guess what happened?

Surprise! I didn't get them, wow, amazing.

Next promise:

"I can confirm that we should have your LiveWires back in our office next Tuesday, 12/9, or maybe sooner.."

next message, the "confirm" bit was already replaced:

"I am still expecting them back tomorrow. A spare 50" cable is definitely justified. I will include one in your package."

I'm now in my 6th week of turnaround time and I don't even know what's the count on false promises.

Really hoping they stay true to their word this time....

(note, I've send/received 20 emails, at least they respond to me
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #3,234 of 3,902
I'm already on Week 7 turning week 8, and John replied one email after I stated that I will file a complaint with my credit card company if I don't hear back. (Note that they charged my credit card on Day 0) He replied and said he expects my order in mid-December... which is double the time it stated on the order form. So I sent another email asking if he will upgrade my shipping to make up for the time loss, and guess what, no reply. Surprise!!?? right....

Dec 9, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #3,237 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm already on Week 7 turning week 8, and John replied one email after I stated that I will file a complaint with my credit card company if I don't hear back. (Note that they charged my credit card on Day 0) He replied and said he expects my order in mid-December... which is double the time it stated on the order form. So I sent another email asking if he will upgrade my shipping to make up for the time loss, and guess what, no reply. Surprise!!?? right....

I asked for the same thing I've got EMS now, but wanted next day FedEx but it's over a $100 so agreed that wasn't reasonable and they did agree to give me a spare cable.
So I still believe they're a descent company but are just in one hell of a mess right now.

Dec 9, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #3,238 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
parrot your wasting your time dude I already have replaced the livewires a long time ago. It is not worth the wait

At least I expect them to stand by their money-back guarantee promise!! If I'm not satisfied with the LiveWires, they're going back ASAP... I won't try to deal with them again with refits etc now that I've got a taste of their "customer service" (or the lack of it).

Dec 9, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #3,239 of 3,902
well have fun with that mean while I will enjoy what I have while you guys duke it out with livewires waiting on them "hopefully" coming through on their promise (they broke 4 for me before I cancelled)

Dec 9, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #3,240 of 3,902
[double post sorry]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back