Livewires - California Dreamin'
Oct 31, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #3,123 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. But as I've already said, I don't want to have to use an amp to enjoy them. At this point I'm leaning heavily towards returning them and going with something less efficient to avoid this issue.

I tried a lot of different amp and source combo's with mine to try and find a less 'hissy' solution. Everything from different generations of ipods/ imod, generic mp3 players, vcap docks, portable amps, different LOD's etc. None of them made much of an improvement over one another.

To date the best i've come up with is straight out of a 2nd gen touch, surprisingly good SQ and very minimal hissing.

But as you correctly pointed out you shouldn't have to change your source to match the Livewires.

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #3,124 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by noremedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey there, i was just wondering do we have to have our names and what appears to either be a mobile number or an identification number on the livewires? I think it ruins the design, and would much rather have them unpersonalised in one standard colour.

AFAIK you can request the name tags to be left off the shells.

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #3,125 of 3,902
Perfect, I now have to decide between the hearyourself C3's or these Livewires
wink.gif
Aghhh!

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #3,127 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if this is your first custom I would highly recommend the livewires for their return policy

That policy does make them very attractive. Hearyourself also offers a 10days for $20 policy which is pretty decent of them considering that if you don't like them it's a 100% rightoff for them.

And thanks for the input lisnalee, it's nice to know I'm not alone in my desire to be ampless at least part of the time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #3,129 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That policy does make them very attractive. Hearyourself also offers a 10days for $20 policy which is pretty decent of them considering that if you don't like them it's a 100% rightoff for them.

And thanks for the input lisnalee, it's nice to know I'm not alone in my desire to be ampless at least part of the time.
smily_headphones1.gif

No prob

I've done the whole imod, vcap dock & amp setup and while sonically superior i traded it all for a simple back to basic's setup of the itouch and LW combo. Now when i put my rig in my pocket i don't get an embarrassing looking bulges
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #3,130 of 3,902
Quote:

Doesn't that only apply to buyers WITHIN the United States?

That is correct (for the Hearyourself trial offer) and since I have no idea where "your mom's closet" is I don't know if that's a problem for you or not.
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #3,132 of 3,902
Quote:

Doesn't that only apply to buyers WITHIN the United States?

If I agree to ship the customs back to them (so they don't pay shipping), I don't see why they would leave the rest of the world out.... Hopefully I won't need to try, but we'll see...

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #3,134 of 3,902
Received my LiveWires soon four weeks ago but the fit is disappointing. They are very comfortable and sounds fantastic when they seal properly. However, they will almost only seal when the outer part is pushed slightly forward. Most of the times the seal is lost spontaneously after a second or so but if I am sitting still it sometimes stays a bit longer - especially after having them inserted for more than half an hour so the ear canal has expanded somewhat.

Well, considering either sending them back for fixing et EarPeace or letting a local audio technichian do his thing. The local guy is experienced in thi area and was recommended to me by my audiologist. Somehow I see that a local person would have an easier time finding out what to do in order to make them fit properly. That is, unless I should try to get a whole new casing with new impressions and everything... Some of you have gone through this a lot, what is your take on it?

I must also add that the manufacturing process was a bit slow. It took two months from them having my impresion until I got my LiveWires (with EMS delivery). Well... When they fit snugly the sound is outstanding so I really really want to get a good seal.

Can you others smile w/o losing the seal? When I smile I loose it big time and the earpieces are starting to crawl out of my canals...

/ Jonas

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #3,135 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaffe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must also add that the manufacturing process was a bit slow. It took two months from them having my impresion until I got my LiveWires (with EMS delivery). Well... When they fit snugly the sound is outstanding so I really really want to get a good seal....
/ Jonas

Two months? argh!!!
angry_face.gif
I certainly didn't expect to get mine in 2009 when I ordered mine (mid-Oct)!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back