Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jul 10, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #2,686 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by nettokung /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to know that... What's the better between UE10 & Livewires?

It's very hard to do a fair comparison between livewires that cost only $250 and UE10 that costs $900.

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #2,687 of 3,902
Just sitting here in sonic bliss, in the lounge in comfort, my stool that i made in Resistant materials at school, which works so great as a laptop table. PC's Mouse hooked up and next to me, and the U Control USB powered amp/dac on the other side, and livewires in my ears blocking out my mum and her bf's talking and the tv... They LW's have disappeared, even with glasses on and over ear config, comfort or what!

Sonic bliss...

Pendulum - Out Here specifically, bass, highs, soundstage, depth, everything, wow!

These IEM's are killers guys! If you're on the fence, seriously you wont be dissapointed, get them, you wont regret it.

Matt

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #2,688 of 3,902
Just a general question, Did anyone get an email or phone call to tell them their LW's were shipped? I had called last week and was told mine would ship today, but I haven't heard anything. I'd rather not become a stalker and call them every day
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm only concerned because I'll be traveling in a few weeks and want to know if I need to get a better pair of 'hold me over' phones than the $10 pair I'm using now.

Jul 17, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #2,689 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by trinkus79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a general question, Did anyone get an email or phone call to tell them their LW's were shipped? I had called last week and was told mine would ship today, but I haven't heard anything. I'd rather not become a stalker and call them every day
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm only concerned because I'll be traveling in a few weeks and want to know if I need to get a better pair of 'hold me over' phones than the $10 pair I'm using now.

Nope, they just popped up.

Jul 17, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #2,692 of 3,902
^john is an audiologist and so is his brother, they live in the area. you could call and talk to john and ask him ya know...

Jul 17, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #2,693 of 3,902
After waiting close to TWO MONTHS, I got fed up and emailed LiveWires. Catherine Neal finally told me that they were ready and they would be shipping out.
I'm rather disappointed in their overall slow customer service. Before I even sent off the ear impressions they were taking a week to respond to me. They apologized for this by saying it was President's Day weekend or something else, but c'mon, don't make people wait that long before you contact them.

However, I am still looking forward to the LiveWires. I hope, I hope, I hope that they're everything people say they are!

Jul 17, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #2,694 of 3,902
Just a heads up. I e-mailed LW about coming in for an impression, and I received an e-mail back from John Diles within 10 MINUTES of my request. Then he e-mailed back again in the same time frame after a second question from me.

It's all timing, I guess, but that's top notch service.

Jul 17, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #2,695 of 3,902
Baines I wish my 15 year old brother appreciated music like you. He is content with his handmedown ipod and jvc gumys
tongue.gif
I offered him my yuin pk2s, but he doesn't really care. I am glad I bought him those gumys though...he ripped the rubber stress relief right at the plug from careless and forceful wrapping of the earbuds around the player.

Anyway, @studioace...I have been out of the LW loop..are you getting another pair?u

Jul 17, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #2,696 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canalization /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I live close to Castro Valley, will LiveWires themselves do ear impressions for me? Are they open on weekends?

I see that you posted he responded to your email, but you didn't say what the response was :p

Yes, you can get your impressions done at the Earpiece offices. Others on this thread have had them done there. If I recall correctly, they do them for free too!

Jul 17, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #2,698 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takaji /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, I am still looking forward to the LiveWires. I hope, I hope, I hope that they're everything people say they are!

I am pretty sure they will be
wink.gif

They are truly great, and it is fantastic to be able to use them daily again in my portable rig after a couple of months of no working player... People must wonder why i get my feet tapping so much sometimes. My friend gets annoyed as one driver of our private school bus plays his music too loud. My friend just cranks his ipod to max...I told him a little about canalphones, didnt want to scare him away with IEM talk... Maybe i should lend him my CX300's, they would match his ipod, and he proably likes alot of bass like most kids my age do, and not fussed about highs
mad.gif
Anyway, if he asks why i tap so much im gonna tell him about my complientary livewires and that im not a geek, i was given them...And they sound great and block out the screaming kids and drivers music...

Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Baines I wish my 15 year old brother appreciated music like you. He is content with his handmedown ipod and jvc gumys
tongue.gif
I offered him my yuin pk2s, but he doesn't really care. I am glad I bought him those gumys though...he ripped the rubber stress relief right at the plug from careless and forceful wrapping of the earbuds around the player.

Anyway, @studioace...I have been out of the LW loop..are you getting another pair?u

Wow, you offered him your PK2's
eek.gif

I was recently offered a faulty cmoy, took it with appreciation, opened the box today to find one working cmoy and the faulty one... Not much difference amped and unamped except more hiss amped and bass was a bit better
frown.gif
Guess the D2 has a pretty good amp. Volume control is nice though, be good for bed and maybe laptop use with the Ucontrol's lineout...I will try it...

Anyway, i was thinking about upgrading the MX500's i got [size=xx-small](for doing a CX300 review for sennheiser, terrible video, needed promts, on youtube anyway under Baines93 if you wanna put a face to the person) [/size]to PK2's as the d2's amp is good... Didnt realise they were so dear, bit rich for me! What do they sound like with the d2? Are they as balanced all round as the Livewires? The MX500's are pretty balanced, but lack the sparkle and bass kick, so sound a bit dead really. I use buds at school when i dont wanna look nerdy at lunch, but i dont enjoy them really after Livewires on the way to the bus stop, bus, then bus to school etc. Maybe PK2's next year when i am more mobile/independant and can get an eveing job
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, not may kids appreciate good sound... Read by response to the quote above if you havnt, above this...

StudioAce didnt get new ones, he was talking about when his turned up btw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see that you posted he responded to your email, but you didn't say what the response was :p

Yeah, i thought that too
tongue.gif

--

General Livewire use update below...My thoughts in rough text basically
tongue.gif

I would love to replace the U control i use with my laptop with a predator, i like the pico as it is d2 sized so makes a great rig, but i dont think the d2 needs it, and it costs alot more, love it in silver/"clear" though. Even the predator is a bit costly for Livewire use when all i need is a hiss free clean source, which the u control provides, apart from that there aint much difference with the Livewires to my ears amped and unamped. They sound great with lossy, and unamped, just need a clean source. People here said that with these as they are sensetive, crap in = crap out, but it seems that easy to drive = easy to use and costs little after having a clean source
confused.gif

Maybe oneday even the little (working, new) cmoy and the ucontrol wont be enough if i i get a harder to drive pair of cans that need more power than i intend to get in the next few months, and i will blow the money for an actual reason other than wanting something that is roumoured better, when i cant hear a big difference with a cmoy compared to the d2 with livewires (the d2 does have a good amp though!!)
tongue.gif

--
The d2 is great, as i have said, great amp, cant hear a difference between it and the cmoy... Can with the laptop on borad sound though, dead, doubt it with the u control though. I use BBE enhancement on one now, to make up for any highs lost when i crank Mach3bass up to 10, stereo enhance up to 2, and surround sound to four... Fun sounding, still got livewire highs, and even deeper crazier bass, and SE and Surround make it even more fun... Love it. Itouch theme, iphone/itouch now playing vertical flash skin (icowon2) + sexy new white casing + dab radio + 3x 8gb class 6 sdhc's = mega awesome portable rig in waterproof livewires case
biggrin.gif

--
Even more off topic: Nearly a headphone supremus
smily_headphones1.gif
Custom title enabled then right? No one has ever aswered this question, how do you get it if not?

Matt

Jul 17, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #2,699 of 3,902
Quote:

After waiting close to TWO MONTHS, I got fed up and emailed LiveWires. Catherine Neal finally told me that they were ready and they would be shipping out.
I'm rather disappointed in their overall slow customer service. Before I even sent off the ear impressions they were taking a week to respond to me. They apologized for this by saying it was President's Day weekend or something else, but c'mon, don't make people wait that long before you contact them.

lol more Nashville office horror stories huh?

Jul 17, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #2,700 of 3,902
Hi guys,

Do you know if there are any different between choices of Musician/Audio Engineer/Audiophile/Portable Music User when you order LiveWires ?

I thought there are no different so I ordered mine use the choice of Portable Music User - iPod, but from local meeting in my area there's someone said it is different in sound because the cross-over/filter/drivers will be different depending on choice we chose.

Can anybody confirm this is true or not? My LiveWires come with no filter in the tube.

Thanks,
Chompop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back