Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jun 16, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #2,611 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get too excited about the quick turnaround time, guys. I got my measurements and placed my order (right from Livewire headquarters in Nashville) on May the 20th. After nearly a month, I haven't heard anything and am starting to worry. I even got the next-day shipping to boot. Maybe my ears molds were harder to craft than usual...

... they SEEMED normal...

I ordered mine at the Nashville branch also and it took a little over a month. Unless they have changed, your best bet is to call from different phone numbers until they answer. My situation with them may have been a perfect storm so you may not have any problems. It's possible that they have improved. That being said, I can speak very highly of Art, John, and Martha at the California office.

I had new impressions made and should be getting my ears at the end of this week or early next week. I wish I hadn't sold my UM2's before buying these. My ears are lonely and bored.

Jun 16, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #2,612 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by freedommedia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered mine at the Nashville branch also and it took a little over a month. Unless they have changed, your best bet is to call from different phone numbers until they answer. My situation with them may have been a perfect storm so you may not have any problems. It's possible that they have improved. That being said, I can speak very highly of Art, John, and Martha at the California office.

I had new impressions made and should be getting my ears at the end of this week or early next week. I wish I hadn't sold my UM2's before buying these. My ears are lonely and bored.

Oh, GREAT, now you have me all paranoid!
eek.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #2,613 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by freedommedia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That being said, I can speak very highly of Art, John, and Martha at the California office.

Thank goodness I live in California. The Nashville office sounds like a completely different company altogether.

Jun 18, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #2,614 of 3,902
Quote:

Thank goodness I live in California. The Nashville office sounds like a completely different company altogether.

lol. It's like they say, "If you want the best, go straight to the source (CA Office)!" Although I'd get my impressions done in Nashville if I lived around there.

Jun 19, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #2,615 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaRKle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol. It's like they say, "If you want the best, go straight to the source (CA Office)!" Although I'd get my impressions done in Nashville if I lived around there.

Well, Earl co-founded the company, so I doubt not being the source is the real issue. I know for a fact that he's almost constantly on the road, leaving just his wife running the office. It's certainly possible that he mails everything off to California where it is sent to wherever the creation process is done, but you'd think he had a direct line to them.

Not to mention you can't beat the fact that they did my ear impressions FOR FREE!

Jun 20, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #2,616 of 3,902
The Nashville branch did my impressions for free too. I ended up needing new impressions because the initial impressions weren't deep enough. I went to an audiologist for the second impressions. I'm pretty sure that havng to get second impressions is common based on the nature of customs. I should have my ears by tomorrow or Saturday. I really really hope they are perfect.

Jun 20, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #2,617 of 3,902
how did you guys package your impressions to be sent off?

Jun 20, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #2,618 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HPM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how did you guys package your impressions to be sent off?

I wrapped mine up in bubble wrap and put them inside a small 4" plastic lunchbox with a lid.

EarPeace even sent the little box back to me along with the livewires.

Jun 20, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #2,619 of 3,902
Mine came in little resealable bags, impressions inside wrapped in tissue. I had two bags, one for open, one for closed.

I used an empty 10pack (?? Thinest anyway.) dual layer dvd cake box, in a Jiffy bag, with the address on the front covered in sticky tape...Wanted everything to get there in one piece, and get to their door.
DVD box was dads great idea.

Matt

Jun 20, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #2,621 of 3,902
Quote:

Well, Earl co-founded the company, so I doubt not being the source is the real issue. I know for a fact that he's almost constantly on the road, leaving just his wife running the office. It's certainly possible that he mails everything off to California where it is sent to wherever the creation process is done, but you'd think he had a direct line to them.

You're absolutely correct, all the paperwork goes through the California office, which means they have to send it to the CA office to get processed.

Jun 26, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #2,625 of 3,902
OK, now that I've had a few hours listening to:

Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell

Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon

King Diamond's Abigail

and

Many Random Songs On Shuffle

I've come to the conclusion that these headphones kinda rule. It's hard to compare them to anything else I have because they're so different.

The bass doesn't seem as tight to me as they do on the Shures. The only description I've used when describing it has been like a "marble" within the music, not overwhelming the other music, but standing on its own. This "marble" can be heard on the LiveWires, but it doesn't stand out as much. Maybe it needs a "burn-in" period before it the bass tightens up, but I'm just going by how they sound now.

Also, when I open my mouth really wide (like a yawn), I lose the seal in my right ear. Not a huge deal, considering they pop back into place immediately. So, unless I'm eating at the time (which sounds bad with IEMs, anyway), there won't be any issues there.

I need to test it out on some Dream Theater and The Beatles to get a true reading on everything. I'll post some more remarks (and pics) in the next few days when everything sorts everything out.

But, starting out, these things rule!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back