Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jun 11, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #2,581 of 3,902
well pretty much ill have to sell both of the super.fi's to get the livewires, so no comparisons will be able to be made ><, if i didn't have to sell both of my only IEM's then i would have livewired myself about 100pages ago =P, over a month is a long time without decent headphones :p, i mean my EP 630's are okay...but are worlds behind my super.fi's

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #2,582 of 3,902
Hi everyone,

Just a question:
Have LW resolved the problems of delivery time and lack of contact?

I'm interested to get one, but it would be troublesome if the waiting time is too long. Can't contact them easily since I'm in Jakarta, Indonesia
frown.gif

thanks everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #2,583 of 3,902
Living in Tennessee, I actually went and was personally molded by Earl for FREE! It's been nearly three weeks and I've been amped since the day I placed my order.

Btw: Blue & Red with a tan faceplate!

My only question is: how do they compare to the Shure SE530s? I loved the sound, but hated the comfort of those models. I never could get the hang of the foam inserts and the triple-flange became uncomfortable after about an hour, especially if you get up to go to the bathroom with them in. Ugh.

Thanks, guys!

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #2,584 of 3,902
Well, no worries, i am 15, and i have had mine for a fair few months now, and im still fine, still fit just as they did. A recase doesnt cost much when i need one in a couple of years.

If you need a new source, the Cowon D2 would be a good choice, as it has a very good internal amp, and its features are great, and apparantly doesnt sound far behind the clip, however has much more storage.

Welcome New Guys!!

Matt

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #2,586 of 3,902
hey guys!~ i just got my LiveWires back....from a re-case for my Left Monitor.
After they got my monitor...and recieve my new impression for my left ear....~ it only took a week for them to finish it and send it back...so the turn-around time is around 15 days.
and i'm looking at the re-cased left ear monitor. Its Fit is Great from what i feel....but need some testing later ....out on the street with traffics.
Their customer Service is Great like always....and their turn around time improved alot!!!
Way to go! LiveWires team!

Jun 11, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #2,588 of 3,902
Does anyone know if they have the clear cables out yet?, and is it possible to have the whole shell one color?, as when i see clear/clear, it seems that the face is like..opaque

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #2,589 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by trinkus79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
06-06-2008: Impressions sent to Earpeace, waiting to join team Red/Blue/Black...
smily_headphones1.gif

UPDATE:
Delivered on: 6/11/2008 11:49 am
Delivered to: Receptionist

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #2,590 of 3,902
Just got back from vacation and rushed into the kitchen where the Livewires package was sitting.

I'm sure the people having fitment issues are in the minority, that was still my number one concern. Being new to custom IEMs I'm still not sure how you're supposed to get these things in, but I got the left monitors in right away. The right monitor I had a few issues with, but after some ramming and twisting, I think I got that one in there too.

I'm not an audiophile by any means, but using my previous Zune headphones as reference, the Livewires have about the same amount of bass (which, with the Zune headphones, I thought was perfect. Not too much, not too little), but everything else sounded way clearer and crisper. I've got some uncompressed audio files to test out, as well as a few other devices (currently using the Zune 80), but right now, they sound pretty good.

I can post up some pics if you guys want.

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #2,593 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys!~ i just got my LiveWires back....from a re-case for my Left Monitor.
After they got my monitor...and recieve my new impression for my left ear....~ it only took a week for them to finish it and send it back...so the turn-around time is around 15 days.
and i'm looking at the re-cased left ear monitor. Its Fit is Great from what i feel....but need some testing later ....out on the street with traffics.
Their customer Service is Great like always....and their turn around time improved alot!!!
Way to go! LiveWires team!

That's great Tiyako!

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #2,594 of 3,902
Toast Pics Death-Toaster!

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #2,595 of 3,902
Oops, I meant post pics. It's a tongue twister!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back