Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jun 8, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #2,567 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazz+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine took 13 days and were perfect straight out of the box. I did not have my mouth open and the fit is perfect.

I'm glad to hear someone has a good fit!!! once again...~
I think i'll be getting my LiveWires 2 days later.
I hope the re-case will fix the fit problem with the Left Ear Monitor.
biggrin.gif

Wish me luck!

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #2,569 of 3,902
Yay they arrived today, got a good fit though the bass seems to kick in when i open my mouth really wide (yawn wide), but I don't think its enough for me to send them in, since they sound great anyhow.
Waited nearly two months for this, here are some pics
dsc00297ld8.jpg

dsc00300kl6.jpg

Jun 9, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #2,572 of 3,902
Very nice Surya.
cool.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #2,574 of 3,902
OKay how long will the whole process take now if I send my molds/ impressions out tomorrow?

Any chance Ill have them before I leave for vacation on the 4th of July?

Jun 10, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #2,576 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OKay how long will the whole process take now if I send my molds/ impressions out tomorrow?

I sent my impressions 23. April. My Visa card was charged 30. April. And I still have not heard or seen anything so far. Not even from my customs (I live in Germany)!

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #2,577 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any chance Ill have them before I leave for vacation on the 4th of July?

I think it's unlikely considering the shipping times too. Maybe you can call them and ask about paying for expedited service if possible.

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #2,578 of 3,902
Hello Everybody....Ive Managed to Read this whole thread from page 1-259 in about....a day..lol...i'm thinking of getting livewires, but they are a bit expensive on the outlay, and im really warey on getting them, being a student im on a low budget
i have a few questions

1) How Are They Compared to Super.fi 5 EB/Pro(I have both)
2)Is if so is it worth selling those two to get the livewires?
3)do i need a amp to fully appreciate them?(source is to be decided, but i just sold my ipod)
4)if i do need a amp, any cheap recommendations?
5) does any one know if they have the clear cables in yet or custom shell colors?

lastly I'm just worried about the fit issues, as im only 16, and any fit issues might be caused by me growing, that and i live in Australia(same country as FMT), and frankly i have a heck of a lot less patience than he would, and i don't have the funds to send it back for re dipping more than once...ideally not at all though. just ill be selling my super.fi's to fund the purchase of the livewires and i don't want to be let down, or have the multitude of fit problems that FMT have, if i were in the US it might be a different story, but shipping from AUS>US is expensive with insurance

PS. FMT did you watch the footy?

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #2,579 of 3,902
Wow, these look pretty cool... ety's were my first and last canal-phone, because I fell in the small % of people with oddly shaped ear canals that make the ety's sound terrible. But I wonder if that's fixed now when they make the phone from an impression...?

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #2,580 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HPM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) How Are They Compared to Super.fi 5 EB/Pro(I have both)
2)Is if so is it worth selling those two to get the livewires?
3)do i need a amp to fully appreciate them?(source is to be decided, but i just sold my ipod)
4)if i do need a amp, any cheap recommendations?
5) does any one know if they have the clear cables in yet or custom shell colors?

1) I have the SF5EB as well. The Livewires are significantly more detailed, has equal bass extension but not as much bass boom. The Livewire's detail is better than the SF5 if I can remember correctly (did not A/B both). Between the SF5EB and Livewires sound-wise, I prefer the Livewires.

However, the Livewires really make crappy sources (low bitrate files, iPods) sound pretty crappy.

2) Depending on your budget, I'd keep one of the SF5's. The sound signatures are different, and it's nice to have something different from time to time. I'd sell one of the SF5's to buy a Sansa Clip.

I found that the Livewires sound fantastic on the Sansa Clip, a very cheap but highly regarded MP3 player. You won't need an amp for this. In the metal carrying case that came with your SF5, you could fit the Livewires and a 4GB Sansa Clip - an ultraportable solution.

3) An amp would be nice but not necessary. It totally depends on the source. For iPods, I find it hard to listen to without a decent amp as the headphone amp stage on the iPod is not perfect. On players with noisy headphone outs, the Livewires will pick all that noise up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back