Livewires - California Dreamin'
Apr 26, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #2,116 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MarchingMule - is there any specific reason you are buying through TTVJ? I'd personally get it straight from LiveWires themselves, really streamlines the communication, rather than having to contact TTVJ for any issues, who will contact LW, then contact you again.

Think about it.

I guess so...I was just trying to run away from the +$10 Paypal fee I guess.
biggrin.gif

So what exactly is the order you ordered the Livewires in? I'm still really confuzzled.
redface.gif

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #2,117 of 3,902
I:

1. Emailed LiveWires initiating my interest
- This email was replied with advice, and suggestion to use Order Form (available on website or via email by request)

2. Got my impressions as per advice from previous email

3. Filled out order form, packaged impressions, confirmed minor details with LiveWires (will pay via PayPal once the impressions are received etc).

4. Post LiveWires and wait.

5. They emailed me confirming receipt, I sent payment via PayPal.

6. Wait

7. Wait some more

8. They email saying their done, and ship back via the nominated shipping method.

9. Wait

9a. Wait (unless you got express postage)

10. LiveWires shipped, at your postal box

11. Open package

12. Look at them and go 'OMG WOW!'

13. Spend 30-60 minutes figuring how to put them on

14a. Enjoy Music
14b. Fit problem:
14bi. Email LiveWires with issue
14gii. LiveWires reply, repeat steps i/ii until problem resolved.

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #2,118 of 3,902
Quote:

I:

1. Emailed LiveWires initiating my interest
- This email was replied with advice, and suggestion to use Order Form (available on website or via email by request)

2. Got my impressions as per advice from previous email

3. Filled out order form, packaged impressions, confirmed minor details with LiveWires (will pay via PayPal once the impressions are received etc).

4. Post LiveWires and wait.

5. They emailed me confirming receipt, I sent payment via PayPal.

6. Wait

7. Wait some more

8. They email saying their done, and ship back via the nominated shipping method.

9. Wait

9a. Wait (unless you got express postage)

10. LiveWires shipped, at your postal box

11. Open package

12. Look at them and go 'OMG WOW!'

13. Spend 30-60 minutes figuring how to put them on

14a. Enjoy Music
14b. Fit problem:
14bi. Email LiveWires with issue
14gii. LiveWires reply, repeat steps i/ii until problem resolved.

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for those steps to take! Invaluable to me, and something told me that you'd be adding those last few parts in the list.
tongue.gif

On the order form, it says to open and close your mouth during impressions? Is it asking you to continuously open and close your mouth while the impressions are being taken, or open your mouth a decent amount and just hold that position?

I'm still intrigued on how they know you are the person who Paypal'd them the amount...can you simply pay for it now, then get the impressions and ship them out with the same/similar contact info you used to make the purchase?

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #2,120 of 3,902
Quote:

Why not look at a Pico/Predator with amp and DAC, either will set you back around $500, or cheaper in second hand.

I know I am going to be selling one soon as I am getting a Pico this week, and I will compare with the Predator for who wins!

I would definitely do that, but I also need to buy a new macbook, so that will be my largest purchase.

Apr 27, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #2,121 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When did you figure out you had a fit problem FMT? I thought you were liking them the first few days in. I don't understand how you need so many refits when there are people with great fits on the first round.

As I use them more, with my latest set, I did enjoy them, but noticed that I kept losing seal down the bottom, at first I jsut let it be, but since it's lsot isolation, and I realised when I made the seal proper (by pushing it in) the bass got better and so did isolation.

I didn't intend on wanting to send them back, and Art just asked for some pics, and Art suggested sending it back - so yeah

Apr 27, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #2,122 of 3,902
stinksyou have another fit problem FMT
frown.gif

Apr 27, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #2,123 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear HeadphoneAddict
I can't really hear anything with music playing , but the my question is that....are you able to hear anything without music playing?
smily_headphones1.gif

That's what I am saying, I don't hear anything except if I am playing music. Then I only hear Music. I get at least 25 db isolation in both pair of my Livewires.

Apr 27, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #2,124 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking the RSA Tomahawk for some reason...
wink.gif

But of course you need a proper source and cable to go with it!
biggrin.gif

I found the Tomahawk was not the best with LW while it was tremendous with SE530.

The Meier Headsix switched to low gain, and RSA Predator are my favorites with LW.

The Pico and iBasso D2 are very close as well, and Lyrix and PenguinAmp and D1 are close behind those as well.

Just for some reason the Tomahawk was a little harsh and grainy with LW, but good with other IEMs I have.

Apr 27, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #2,125 of 3,902
I know this suction seal you guys are talking about, and I can sometimes achieve it, but it seems to create too much air pressure in my ear canal, which to me degrades/distorts the sound quality. My Livewires sit nicely in my ear and isolate great, but there isn't a huge amount of suction that they accomplish.

Hmm.

Apr 27, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #2,127 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the Tomahawk was not the best with LW while it was tremendous with SE530.

The Meier Headsix switched to low gain, and RSA Predator are my favorites with LW.

The Pico and iBasso D2 are very close as well, and Lyrix and PenguinAmp and D1 are close behind those as well.

Just for some reason the Tomahawk was a little harsh and grainy with LW, but good with other IEMs I have.

with the D2, are the livewires better with the switch up or down??

Apr 27, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #2,128 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone used a Xin amp with the livewires?

I had a Xin "Super Macro III with 11/07 updates" and it was very good with Livewires, and even better when I swapped the NE5534 opamps out for AD797 opamps. I had too many portable amps and sold it off recently.

The bigger problem with Xin amps is waiting over a year for it to arrive after you order. I probably wont consider buying one unless it was used, and not marked up in price because of the time saved on the wait. The SuperMicroIV might be something I would spend $200 on, but more for the size than anything else...

Apr 27, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #2,129 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with the D2, are the livewires better with the switch up or down??

Switch down - I use everything on low gain with the LW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back