Are they a keeper this time?

He's toying with us the rascal!

Apr 16, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #1,924 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
n571610728_1117150_2377.jpg

•♪• Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.
•♪•

It's looking good!
cool.gif

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #1,926 of 3,902
My laptop is hissy, and it is even worse with sensitive earphones, like my Livewires.

I don't want to lug a dac and an amp, of which i cant afford, and i don't have the funds to buy a dac/amp combo either, so i need a cheap way of getting sound out of USB or a PCMCIA Slot.

No fancy virtual surround sound cheapo dongles. I need reasonable quality, no hiss.

Would the Behringer U Control UCA202 give me a clean-ish headphone out? I have a WTB up for usb soundcards or the U Control, and am watching a UC on ebay.

Will the UCA202 solve my hiss problem? My hp/o is so crap, and livewires are even worse as they are so sensetive.

Then im sending mine back for a redip, Trading my source,
And getting a pair of livewire sounding headphones.

(Any reccommendations? Comfortable, and reasonable for gaming. Easy to drive through U Control, As cheap as possible (under $80 USED.)

Matt

Apr 16, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #1,930 of 3,902
....oh my....I really love my SF 5 pros sound-wise...but they fit not always that good as I have kind of tiny ears. You guys make me want those LiveWires
rolleyes.gif
evil_smiley.gif

I like the Rock-factor the 5pros have, and do not want to lose it... Can LiveWires rock?

Thx
Klaus

Apr 16, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #1,934 of 3,902
He's writing a major review!
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #1,935 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wirbeltier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....oh my....I really love my SF 5 pros sound-wise...but they fit not always that good as I have kind of tiny ears. You guys make me want those LiveWires
rolleyes.gif
evil_smiley.gif

I like the Rock-factor the 5pros have, and do not want to lose it... Can LiveWires rock?

Thx
Klaus

YES! As described by me, and respected members of this forum - Livewires have a grado sound..crisp and analytical. I want to say more analytical than fun though. It is a great IEM for rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back