I will quote Little Poppa "uuuuuuummmmmNO" The are very low maintenance IEM's

I don't quite follow.. low "maintenance"
confused.gif

Mar 30, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #1,577 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by revel67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't quite follow.. low "maintenance"
confused.gif

What I mean is that these IEM's are great the way they are. You don't have to tweak them, have to amp them, Just listen to them. I have had other IEM's that needed an amp and or cable.

Mar 30, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #1,578 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I mean is that these IEM's are great the way they are. You don't have to tweak them, have to amp them, Just listen to them. I have had other IEM's that needed an amp and or cable.

well i got an amp for mine, haven't gotten everything up and running but I will post here if the amp makes any difference. I am sure it will tighten the bass up, give me better volume control, etc. But we will see.

Mar 30, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #1,579 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh ... ok I get it now. I think I will use them w/out any amp.for now.
cool.gif
thanks guys for all your replys.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #1,580 of 3,902
Yeah, after reading about them, I've come to the conclusion that the Livewires don't really need an amp o drive them nice, and this is one of the factor that drove me to go for them.

My pockets are already filled to the brim, the last thing I want to cary around, is an amp, really.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #1,581 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i got an amp for mine, haven't gotten everything up and running but I will post here if the amp makes any difference. I am sure it will tighten the bass up, give me better volume control, etc. But we will see.

You have a great start with the mini^3 amp - that is the same portable amp I use
wink.gif

Will

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #1,582 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have a great start with the mini^3 amp - that is the same portable amp I use
wink.gif

Will

Thanks. The thing is that it will only be used for the livewires and everyone is saying that the livewires don't need an amp. I am already regretting my purchase lol. Errr. We will see though. I want to see if the sound will change from ipod headphone jack out compared to LOD amp out.

if not much change, I guess I will just sell the amp. or I might keep it and burn it in.. idk.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #1,583 of 3,902
Quote:

Thanks. The thing is that it will only be used for the livewires and everyone is saying that the livewires don't need an amp. I am already regretting my purchase lol. Errr. We will see though. I want to see if the sound will change from ipod headphone jack out compared to LOD amp out.

if not much change, I guess I will just sell the amp. or I might keep it and burn it in.. idk.

In actuality the livewires are very efficient so they do not need an amp. However, different amps will add different things to the sound.. so some people prefer to use an amp. Also amps can eliminate graininess or hissing if the internal amp in your source is not that great. So really, it is worth a try in the end.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #1,584 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In actuality the livewires are very efficient so they do not need an amp. However, different amps will add different things to the sound.. so some people prefer to use an amp. Also amps can eliminate graininess or hissing if the internal amp in your source is not that great. So really, it is worth a try in the end.

K i needed that lol. Thanks Julie. Yeah again I will see how it works with it with the hiss and what different sound I can get out of it.
biggrin.gif

can't wait.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #1,585 of 3,902
Quote:

So I guess I'm not getting the amp.
like I said before I don't hear any hiss from my nano. the money I was going to spend on the amp...is going to the Ps3(80 GB)funds.
wink.gif

P.s I can't wait for my LW's to come.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #1,586 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by revel67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I guess I'm not getting the amp.
like I said before I don't hear any hiss from my nano. the money I was going to spend on the amp...is going to the Ps3(80 GB)funds.
wink.gif

P.s I can't wait for my LW's to come.

Haha...just because you cannot hear hiss from your nano with one set of phones, doesn't mean that the LW won't reveal it either.
wink.gif

However, I would not eliminate the thought of getting an amp, nor would I totally endorse it. In the end, you have to test out combinations yourself to see what it is really like..otherwise you will be on these forums, researching and asking questions about its like, forever.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #1,587 of 3,902
Quote:

It is not about the volume - all sensitive IEM's such as the LW, FreQs, UE Triple.Fi's, Shure SE530, etc. will sound plenty "loud" out of most portable players, but that does not mean that an amp is a waste of time/money.

The mini^3 amp "should" make things sound better. Wait until you get the LW's, then listen at the same volume level back and forth for a couple of days to a week. If "you" feel there is no improvement in the sound, then sell the mini^3.

Will

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #1,588 of 3,902
Has anyone customized the internal label that has the name and serial number on it? I think this is the only part of the LiveWire design that looks cheap. I was wondering if the label could be made smaller or somehow hidden deeper inside the monitors. From the pictures I've seen here, it looks like someone just printed the text and cut it out with some scissors and stuck it in. I'd like to keep the label but yet make it more cosmetically pleasing -- has anyone tried this?

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #1,589 of 3,902
Quote:

Haha...just because you cannot hear hiss from your nano with one set of phones, doesn't mean that the LW won't reveal it either.
wink.gif

However, I would not eliminate the thought of getting an amp, nor would I totally endorse it. In the end, you have to test out combinations yourself to see what it is really like..otherwise you will be on these forums, researching and asking questions about its like, forever.

Ok. when I get my LW's I will try them w/no amp..if I not happy with the results. does your offer still stand for the T2.
cool.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #1,590 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohji /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone customized the internal label that has the name and serial number on it? I think this is the only part of the LiveWire design that looks cheap. I was wondering if the label could be made smaller or somehow hidden deeper inside the monitors. From the pictures I've seen here, it looks like someone just printed the text and cut it out with some scissors and stuck it in. I'd like to keep the label but yet make it more cosmetically pleasing -- has anyone tried this?

You can ask them to not put it on. That is what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back