Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 6, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #646 of 3,902
I emailed EarPeace today, about audiologists in my area, and got an email back after 30minutes! Then I called the audiologist, and I'm coming in tomorrow morning for my impressions. Hopefully I got time, and can ship them right out on the same day. I'm ecstatic

Feb 6, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #647 of 3,902
I sent in my impression today as well. I'm really impressed with LW's customer service. I emailed them yesterday morning, and I got a reply in the afternoon with info on where to get an impression at my location
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #648 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant0nik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed EarPeace today, about audiologists in my area, and got an email back after 30minutes! Then I called the audiologist, and I'm coming in tomorrow morning for my impressions. Hopefully I got time, and can ship them right out on the same day. I'm ecstatic

Congrats, and welcome to the family!

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #649 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphataru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent in my impression today as well. I'm really impressed with LW's customer service. I emailed them yesterday morning, and I got a reply in the afternoon with info on where to get an impression at my location
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats, and welcome!

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #652 of 3,902
FaRKle you live so close to the labs don't you, you could just walk in with your impressions! Lucky!

My FedEx tracking is now saying it's in Australia (Alexandria, NSW) and in transit, so it's either sitting in the facility, or in a truck on a 10hr drive, last update was 12.30am, its now 12.54pm!

Hrmmm, I think I'll give it till c.o.b tomorrow!

I am contemplating the setup and song that I can let my LiveWires lose their virginity to:

iPod Classic -> Cryo Dock -> RSA Tomahawk -> Livewires
Song: Delta Goodrem - Brave Face (my fav song atm).

Will then put it subject to a number of songs I know well, to compile a thourough review.

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #653 of 3,902
I had my impressions taken, the feeling was interesting, especially more so the left year which had so much suction. Any case, after i had my impressions done i went to the post office which was a block away. The biggest Post office I've ever seen, looks like a museum from the outside. Now I get to wait 3 weeks for the babies to come in.

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #654 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant0nik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had my impressions taken, the feeling was interesting, especially more so the left year which had so much suction. Any case, after i had my impressions done i went to the post office which was a block away. The biggest Post office I've ever seen, looks like a museum from the outside. Now I get to wait 3 weeks for the babies to come in.

Wow that post office is huge!

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #656 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine are now - according to FedEx in my city at the FedEx facility, so there is a chance I will get them today
biggrin.gif

Awww, I'm away early in the morning for the weekend, so it looks like I might miss your first post after you receive them.

I'm sure you're going to spend the weekend in sonic bliss. Burn them in while you're asleep...if you can sleep!
biggrin.gif

I look forward to catching up with all the news.

Feb 7, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #658 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong - but balanced armatures don't change their sound signature over time. No use burning them in.

So they keep saying!

Livewires sound improves with burn in.
cool.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #659 of 3,902
Received a call from Sarah that they're shipping out mines today! But I chose the $3 shipping, so it might arrive next week. 14 days turnaround, not bad! I have exams next week anyways, so I have to study, not get distracted by pure musical bliss.
biggrin.gif

...and that's a huge post office!

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #660 of 3,902
Also.... I was burning in cables, speakers, and components, long before many here were a twinkle in their parents eyes.

I used to A-B interconnects listening to differences, depending which way around you connected them, also before and after burn in. I had tweakers sickness.

I had my living room wired with a huge mains cable which fed directly to the power supply. I had massive grounding cables to shield from ef and rf, and thick earth cables to every radiator. I was shielding my shielding.

Speaker cables were suspended in mid air...nothing touching the ground.
tongue.gif

I call it maladaptive audiophilia. My wife called it madness, and I'm not allowed to go there any more.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back