Livewires - California Dreamin'
Mar 20, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #1,246 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So.. would you guys recommend the 50 ohm resistor or not? If it depends on setup it'll be used with:

- Ipod 5.5g
- Turbodiabolicious LOD
- Headsix amp

John Diles said that you should go with the 50 ohm resistor cable ONLY if you don't like the original sound.

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #1,247 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John Diles said that you should go with the 50 ohm resistor cable ONLY if you don't like the original sound.

I agree with this. You don't really need the 50 ohm cable unless you have a really loud source. I mean if you can only turn the volume to 1 or 2 ect. and it is blowing you out then you need some more resistance to make finer adjustments in volume. The hiss is usually the source that is not clean.

Mar 20, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #1,248 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The hiss is usually the source that is not clean.

So true.
cool.gif

Mar 20, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #1,249 of 3,902
it was cool seeing the livewires on american idle. Clear/Clear

yeah too bad that one guy wasn't wearing them. would have been good advertisement for the company.

Mar 20, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #1,251 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it's too bad. They would have probably gotten at least 1000 orders by the host simply saying "hey, these are LiveWires, only $250
biggrin.gif
" on American Idol.

not really, people would be like: What is this, i got my ibuds =D

Mar 20, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #1,252 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not really, people would be like: What is this, i got my ibuds =D

yeah peeps would say What?!?! they are molded to the inside of their ear? bizzarre, I love my ibudz.
cool.gif

Mar 20, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #1,253 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not the extra pair, that I have coming already, it's Lisnalees portable rig that I'm drooling over!

I have to remind myself I am a recovering audiophile.

Thanks Kosmic, I think i've finally found my perfect portable rig
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #1,254 of 3,902
Oh lord!

Just when I give up all hope, Art emails me offering to create a brand new set, and reimburse 50% of my audiologist fee, sounds very tempting, so might actually bite one more time.

The temptation to own these is so hard to resist.

Well I guess I'll go one more time and this time try out a blue red combo!

Mar 20, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #1,255 of 3,902
Do!

The audiologist fee should be zilch. Call him/her. They have possibly mucked up, so they should redo them for free/reduced rate.

Well you have new internals too, so if it was a hardware fault (dont mention to the audiologist! Just say they didnt fit right,) that is fixed too. New shells in a new colour and no cosmetic defects.

Get your address fixed too! Make Art double check if he says its correct. Mine was wrong, and after a double check he saw the minor errors, although not minor on my behalf! Slightly incorrect road name, and wrong one characer wrong in the postcode. They would have never turned up!!

Go for it!

Matt

Mar 20, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #1,256 of 3,902
^yeah go for it man. That is an offer you can't pass up. Don't give up just yet, you are so close man. If not now, then when?

GOOODLUCK!

Mar 20, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #1,257 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess John Diles is in L.A. delivering some LiveWires to American Idol contestants. Several of them were wearing LW's on tonights show as well as a few musicians in the band. They were all clear with clear faceplates as far as I could tell. Also the connector did not look too bad on TV, kinda a high tech look. Paula even commented on the IEM that some were wearing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just spotted one of the contestants wearing Livewires as the show is being aired right now in the UK.
cool.gif

They looked pretty good with the clear/clear almost disappearing. I thought for a moment the cable connector was "offset" nearer the top, but that could just have been my imagination.

Earpeace, suppliers of Livewires to American Idol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back