Livewires Bass?
Mar 25, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more I hear about these the more I wonder how UE can justify charging almost $1,000 more for the UE-11.

agreed.

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #18 of 43
Jelle, bump is just the act of getting a thread back to the front page of the forum.

I do hope that the LW's seal well for me, because the supposed lack-luster bass was the only thing keeping me from buying them. I went through with the purchase anyways, so I hope I'm not dissapointed.

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by boclcown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jelle, bump is just the act of getting a thread back to the front page of the forum.

I do hope that the LW's seal well for me, because the supposed lack-luster bass was the only thing keeping me from buying them. I went through with the purchase anyways, so I hope I'm not dissapointed.

well bass is the low frequency that kills your ears so even if it was a little lacking i am sure you would thank yourself in the future.

I am sure they aren't lacking though

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #20 of 43
I've just received my LW in the mail this afternoon. My first impressions were that the bass was extremely lacking. However, after listening for about an hour or two...I think the bass might be starting to develop....maybe. I'm comparing them to Westone UM2's (which I love), but I've also heard that the UM2's have exaggerated bass.

I got the clear on clear LW's. And judging by the track record with that color scheme...I'd stay away. I'm not the first person with that option to have a bad fit. It looks like I will be sending these back in, to have them built up some more. It is really hard to get a seal as of now...forget singing. I hope to one day have a stellar report for these!

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu2x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like many people experiencing fit problems with LW

Not really...I can think of 3 or 4...5 at most, off the top of my head after following all the threads.

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really...I can think of 3 or 4...5 at most, off the top of my head after following all the threads.

Oh well... I know mine will be perfect (Faith
biggrin.gif
) !

BTW Filipelli...have you ever heard E500 or Atrio M5 ? How do you compare their bass to your LW and UE5C ?

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #26 of 43
Quote:

Seems like many people experiencing fit problems with LW

The audiologist is the one to blame. Think about it, for a second. The truth.....

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The audiologist is the one to blame. Think about it, for a second. The truth.....

So true. My audiologist was acting like she knew everything. I gave her the UE instructions and she did not even bother reading the whole steps. I guess that what you get when you pay $20 for both ears
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Oh well... I know mine will be perfect (Faith
biggrin.gif
) !

BTW Filipelli...have you ever heard E500 or Atrio M5 ? How do you compare their bass to your LW and UE5C ?

I have se530...the se530 sound a bit more muddy than my UE5c...and and WAY more than the Livewires. While the UE5c and SE530 bass is of the boom boom variety, the LW is more thump thump - not as penetrating, but still definitely there to be felt and heard. At least that is how it is perceived by my ears. I keep my se530 around for comfort sometimes, because the foamies feel good haha.

BOOMY-------^------^--------------------^---------------Thumpy
------------UE5c---SE530-----------------LW---------------------

Muddy------------^-------^--Warmth-----------------^-------Clarity
-----------------SE530---UE5c-----------------------LW------------

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have se530...the se530 sound a bit more muddy than my UE5c...and and WAY more than the Livewires. While the UE5c and SE530 bass is of the boom boom variety, the LW is more thump thump - not as penetrating, but still definitely there to be felt and heard. At least that is how it is perceived by my ears.

BOOMY-------^------^--------------------^---------------Thumpy
------------UE5c---SE530-----------------LW---------------------

Muddy------------^-------^--Warmth-----------------^-------Clarity
-----------------SE530---UE5c-----------------------LW------------

Great, thank you!

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #30 of 43
^thumpy is better than boomy for sure.

yeah a lot of people have been having fit issues. I hope i am not one of them but you never know. I still have 3 weeks to wait. boo hoo. i did open mouth was trying to stay still the whole time. I was their for 10 minutes, my mouth was sore from being open. They were probably dry by then, then the receptionist lady walked by and laughed at me and spit went all over my pants and i was laughing but was trying not to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back