Live from New Jersey, Meet Impressions!
Mar 6, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #136 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
Strange that faceplate looks almost identical to the Lite full-sized DAC cases.

That's cause it's the same case from diyclub.biz.
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #137 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
That's cause it's the same case from diyclub.biz.
wink.gif

Actually hungry.. you're WRONG!
biggrin.gif

The cases are different, the faceplates are the same. Check out the measurements / protrusion of the faceplate on the DAC-60 vs the SFT
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #138 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Actually hungry.. you're WRONG!
biggrin.gif

The cases are different, the faceplates are the same. Check out the measurements / protrusion of the faceplate on the DAC-60 vs the SFT
biggrin.gif

Sorry, I don't spend all of my time stalking equipment to "upgrade" to every half hour so I haven't memorized the ledge thickness of Chinese DACs no one owns.
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #140 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
Correction: SFT Dynamight/toaster oven
biggrin.gif

SFT actually has an updated single unit Dynamight that runs cooler with the same type of performance. I should have my greedy hands on it by the end of the month (pics/review will ensue).

Jason's on the money. He really is. He summed up perfectly. My weakest link hands down is the SCD-1 (I know someone out there is going, THAT's IT, these guys have totally lost it...). I really love the SCD-1 for its build quality and its red book performance compared to what I'VE HEARD. I suspect Jason's Chord is a lot better.

One of the issues bozebuttons had with my setup was that it was a tad compressed and I suspect that is more source related than amp related.

Damn you Head-Fi, damn you. I love my setup but I suspect I need a better source to push the 010's to the limit. They are my favorite headphone (even over the Big O which I've heard plenty of times). Unfortunately, I am in no position to upgrade anything at this point...and I'm not sure how much I want to invest in Redbook technology.

Btw, folks, I will have my stuff at the Nationals, so if your curious and you couldn't make the NJ Meet please stop by for a listen.

Jason, I really need to hear the SDS-XLR. I'm told that is the ultimate amp for the Q's.

Mar 6, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #141 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Actually you're wrong.
tongue.gif

It's not the DAC-60 case but it is this one (which is also from diyclub.biz).

http://eshop.diyclub.biz/product_inf...roducts_id=240

Hmm.. as long as hungi is wrong I am happy
smily_headphones1.gif

HAH! YOU ARE WRONG HUNGRY.

And now I exit while I can..

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #142 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Hmm.. as long as hungi is wrong I am happy
smily_headphones1.gif

HAH! YOU ARE WRONG HUNGRY.

And now I exit while I can..

Oh please they look exactly the same; the one phsyco linked was the one I was talking about.

Mar 6, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #143 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor
Jason, I really need to hear the SDS-XLR. I'm told that is the ultimate amp for the Q's.

The SDS-XLR is certainly very special and probably the best I've ever heard with the HD650 and MDR-R10. However, with the Qualia I still prefer the Dynamight, but I wouldn't kick either out of bed for eating crackers...
k1000smile.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #144 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
The SDS-XLR is certainly very special and probably the best I've ever heard with the HD650 and MDR-R10. However, with the Qualia I still prefer the Dynamight, but I wouldn't kick either out of bed for eating crackers...
k1000smile.gif

I certainly love it but Neil I still be interested to see what the SDS-XLR has to offer!!!
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back