Litz VS Stranded
Sep 30, 2013 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

MahthovenWang

Head-Fier
Hi guys I have a real noob question here: what is the difference between the Litz structure of a cable and a stranded structure of a cable? Let say that they are made of the same material i.e. Litz Copper cable VS Stranded Copper cable are there any sonic differences? Any help is much appreciated :)

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #6 of 27
I think the main benefit of going for litz cable would be for aesthetic reasons. Litz cables are individually insulated by the strand, hence oxidation will be prevented/reduced dramatically, therefore keeping your cables looking great.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #9 of 27
Ones that you can't hear differences on.
ksc75smile.gif
joke.

Oct 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #11 of 27
Having tried both the stranded and the linz, I also agree that the only reason is purely aesthetic on a headphone or IEM cable.

It also lets you get away with porous, textile insulations. But I guess that ultimately goes toward aesthetics as well. And ergonomics.

se

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #12 of 27
Hi guys I have a real noob question here: what is the difference between the Litz structure of a cable and a stranded structure of a cable? Let say that they are made of the same material i.e. Litz Copper cable VS Stranded Copper cable are there any sonic differences? Any help is much appreciated :)

Litz cable reduces the impact of skin and proximity effect. Go audition the range from Audionote.

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #15 of 27
Hi guys I have a real noob question here: what is the difference between the Litz structure of a cable and a stranded structure of a cable? Let say that they are made of the same material i.e. Litz Copper cable VS Stranded Copper cable are there any sonic differences? Any help is much appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, Litz cable is also usually twisted in some sort of fashion in order to reject electromagnetic inteference (EMI). This could potentially be useful for very long runs of cable, such as in a hardwired Ethernet network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back