LittleDot MK I+ Gold Version
Jan 17, 2011 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

raz0r9199

New Head-Fier
Dear Audiophiles,

I have purchased a LittleDot MK I+ Gold Version off eBay from the autorized seller. I currently face a channel imbalance problem on the portable headphone amp. I tried various methods to solve the channel imbalance problem but the problem still persist. the L channel will be significantly louder than the R channel. The problem persist even at high-volume, so I can conclude that it is not the pot's fault.

Ways I have tried to resolve the problem,

1. Resoldering all the contact points of the PCB.
2. Using another Inter-connect cable.
3. Cleaning the gain switch with contact cleaner.
4. Tried it out on another player. (Sony A728 & Ipod Touch 4)
5. Tried it out usind another headphone. (Sennheiser IE8 & Grado SR80i)
6. Running in for at least 2 days.

I would like to ask if replacing the LME49710HA or the LME49600TS will help  contributing to this problem. Or is there any better alternative in rectifying this problem? Thanks for helping.

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 5
It is very unlikely that the LME49710HA or the LME49600TS are at fault. More likely it is caused by faulty 3.5mm socket or the volume pod

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 5
nice combo of chips for a portable, although the 49710 isnt to my taste its a good chip and the 49600TS is a GREAT buffer if well implemented. cant imagine the battery life is to flash though? as mentioned above its unlikely they are at fault; more likely a borderline short or cold joint somewhere in the cables or sockets.

why havent you contacted the seller? if he is the authorized seller then he will want to take care of it and if you try to fix it yourself you may void the warranty and any chances of that happening along with it.

May 11, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 5
I had the same problem but with the opposite ears.

I also sprayed the contact cleaner in each 3.5mm socket. This made no difference straight away so I put it away for a while. When I tried it again some weeks later it was much better but would cut out when the cables were moved. I took it to a mate who is an electronics technician and he thought that the soldering on the input and output jacks looked a little suspect so he unsoldered and resoldered them and they worked much better. There is a small problem of the plugs being slightly sloppy in the sockets but on the whole the problem is almost non existent.

The quality of the soldering and the 3.5mm sockets is not that good but what this amp does with my Alessandro MS-1i is amazing and, true to this hobby and it's effect on your wallet, I am thinking about how the MS-Pro would sound.

May 14, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 5
Hi Razor were you able to fix it somehow? I'm thinking of getting the same depending on how my uha 4 turns out. I'm looking for awesome sub bass providing amp and reading the frequency?(5 hz upwards) spec on this little dot I'm tempted to take the plunge on it. What do you feel about the sound quality? I have the Denon 2000 headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back