little mod to my banana stand
Mar 28, 2004 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ProFingerSk8er

Headphoneus Supremus
i was afread the banana hanger's hook might dent my W100's rubber-covered support bands.
couldnt find any old gloves so i looked around the house and found this piece of thick fabric, picked up a needle (for the first time in 9 years) and made this:
DSC03807.jpg

only took about 5 min, and it slips on the hook perfectly
DSC03808.jpg

DSC03810.jpg

*sometimes it's a good thing to learn girly stuff from mom
tongue.gif

now im gonna search my house for white or black fabrics.. the baby blue's really bugging me

Mar 29, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 21
nice, though I still don't like the idea of hanging my AT cans like that.

how are the W100's bands holding up?

Mar 29, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 21
Cool stand! I must admit to being inspired and am now modifying a stainless steel kitchen roll stand as we speak
biggrin.gif
Darn smart idea!

Mar 29, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 21
Neat work, but you're right about the colour, it's a total disgrace for the phones, possibly your other gear is making fun of them by night. What about a tubular piece of semi-dense foam?
tongue.gif

Be sure to highlite the special audiophile powers of baby-blue when selling it on eBay though
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 21
Nice! And no kidding, nice photos. What the hell is wrong with my digital camera.
frown.gif

Mar 29, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #8 of 21
My stands are all jealous now, pity it's been longer than 9 years since I did any needlework, it's more like 25 and I can't even remember how!
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #9 of 21
Nice handiwork even though you're probably being a little bit paranoid. Yet being safe is always better than sorry. But the cloth is blue...

Mar 29, 2004 at 9:27 PM Post #11 of 21
Hey, wait a second, it only took you 5 minutes to make? I have this exact same banana stand myself...so I'll take one of those sleeves in black. What do I owe you?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #12 of 21
my W100s had been on the hook for 18 hours straght now, and no dents on the rubber-covered headbands
smily_headphones1.gif
soo far soo good

yupp...the blue's gota go, i think black will match better, what you guys think?

Quote:

what digital camera are you rockin???

a 2 year old POS Sony DSC-P51
they go for around $100 on ebay now, pitty i paied $320 2 years ago
frown.gif

it does take decent pictures though, SCN mode works great with little image noise
here's another one without the "blue cover"
DSC03797.jpg

Quote:

Originally posted by Sean H
Hey, wait a second, it only took you 5 minutes to make? I have this exact same banana stand myself...so I'll take one of those sleeves in black. What do I owe you?
smily_headphones1.gif

just your HD650s
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 1:23 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Oliver
smily_headphones1.gif

What about a tubular piece of semi-dense foam?
tongue.gif

This I had thought of, but haven't found one that fits this stand's hook well enough. Some kind of small hose might do to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back