Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Dec 17, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #11,988 of 13,434
I just ordered a mkiii, I remember with the mkii it was recommended to upgrade the opamps, should I do the same with the mkiii?
There is no opamps to change in LDMK3 .The only thing you will have to possibly swithch around are the gain switches and the jumpers depending on what type of tubes you are using for example EF92, EF95 ectcs . What i would recommend is to get those 2.54mm DIGIKEY SELLS LONG SHUNT JUMPERS 2.54M.M..jpeg extended jumpers they are alot easier to reposition than the stock ones when rolling different type tubes

Dec 31, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #11,990 of 13,434
Just to double-check. Can I use 6BE6 tubes in the LD MK2 without any strapping? Would the jumpers have to be in the EF95 position? Thanks.
From what i saw you can use ef92 and ef95 settings ef92 having a more detailed sound page 77

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #11,991 of 13,434
Hello people. Although I read a lot, I have little participation in the forum. I've been following your guidance when rolling tubes on my Little Dot MK IV. I am currently using the C3G tubes as a driver and the Sylvania 6SN7 tubes (black skirt) as power tubes. Regarding the Siemens C3G tubes I know they are the driver end tubes. But for power tubes, what would be the next update. I want to make it clear that my limit goes to the use of adapters. I do not want to use external power source. Therefore, the 6080 / 6AS7 pipes are already immediately excluded. Thanks!

Jan 3, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #11,992 of 13,434
Hello people. Although I read a lot, I have little participation in the forum. I've been following your guidance when rolling tubes on my Little Dot MK IV. I am currently using the C3G tubes as a driver and the Sylvania 6SN7 tubes (black skirt) as power tubes. Regarding the Siemens C3G tubes I know they are the driver end tubes. But for power tubes, what would be the next update. I want to make it clear that my limit goes to the use of adapters. I do not want to use external power source. Therefore, the 6080 / 6AS7 pipes are already immediately excluded. Thanks!
Personnally the C3G and 6SN7 combo is as far as i went with adapters

Jan 3, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #11,994 of 13,434
Hi Shimacm, I tried three different 6SN7 tubes, and I don’t remember which ones exactly. At the same time, I had an (expensive) 6N30P-DR (1982), which I found superior. Besides this, it also drove my Hifiman HE-500, that I had at the time. I think the pair of DRs was £250. This was the best MKIII/IV power tube I have heard, of which all were with the regular power supply only.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #11,995 of 13,434
Currently have a mkiii with voshkod 6zh1p-ev tubes, they sound amazing with my dt880s. I plan to purchase a pair of t1s or similar phones, and I have a pair of m8100 and m8161 and 6n13s power tubes on the way. Can yall suggest any more tubes to try for cans like these?

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #11,997 of 13,434
I love my 6HM5 tubes from Yugoslavia better than anything else I've tried which isn't a whole lot I'll admit. They're not expensive either. I should mention I am using Massdrop Sennheiser HD 6XX
Yes, I'll second the Yugo 6HM5. Just make sure you get the taller ones as I've heard people say that the "short" ones can be a bit sibilant.

Jan 19, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #11,998 of 13,434
Hi Shimacm, I tried three different 6SN7 tubes, and I don’t remember which ones exactly. At the same time, I had an (expensive) 6N30P-DR (1982), which I found superior. Besides this, it also drove my Hifiman HE-500, that I had at the time. I think the pair of DRs was £250. This was the best MKIII/IV power tube I have heard, of which all were with the regular power supply only.
Would you mind pointing me in the direction of a good 6ns7 adapter? I found one that had the right pin layout on tube depot, but it is listed as a 6922 and I’m not sure if the power tubes are different than the drivers at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back