Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Nov 7, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #9,947 of 13,432
Seen from above, the "hole side", you count pins counterclockwise, from right to left. Turning the adapter upside down, the "pin side" facing up, you count pins clockwise, from left to right. It is a little confusing, but I think the red squares are positioned correctly.

Yes they are. And it is indeed a bit confusing, better to be sure before cutting the wrong pin !

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #9,948 of 13,432
Hi guyz,
I finally received the adapters for my sweet C3G's from China and tested the vintage Sylvania 5687/Siemens C3G combo 3 days and all i can say is wow,amazing , a worthy upgrade even if i paid until now about 120$ wich for me is quite expensive.
Im so bad to describing the sound but for me is clearer,powerfull,more spacious and refined ,so better in all aspects on my system with Sennheiser HD600.Now i wait for a pair of Philips E182CC wich is possible to be better than Sylvania's(Gibosi maybe u tested them on your amp), will see and next i have reserved 2 pairs of 6SN7WGTA Sylvania and Tung Sol from a seller in my country(but i need adapters first).
Some photos including a playlist that i tested the tubes:

With this ocasion i need to say THANKS to Hypnos1 who discovered the C3G's for our amps-you are amazing man,at first nobody hear you how good they are:D,Gibosi ''the GOD OF TUBES'' for me:D, who tested every possible combination for our LD'S,Mordy and Mikelap always nice to help and try everything,Acapella11,Audiofanboy,TrollDragon and I'm sure there are many others.
At first i wasn't so sure is gonna be a big change in comparison with 6N6P-IR/EI-6HM5 combo(i remember Mikelap said he did not notice big difference between WA6 and LD MK3 upgraded wich for me was hard to believe at that time)but for newcommers please make this upgrades you will no regret it.

THANKS!

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #9,949 of 13,432
I finally received the adapters for my sweet C3G's from China and tested the vintage Sylvania 5687/Siemens C3G combo 3 days and all i can say is wow,amazing , a worthy upgrade even if i paid until now about 120$ wich for me is quite expensive.Im so bad to describing the sound but for me is clearer,powerfull,more spacious and refined ,so better in all aspects on my system with Sennheiser HD600.Now i wait for a pair of Philips E182CC wich is possible to be better than Sylvania's(Gibosi maybe u tested them on your amp),

Glad you are enjoying them. :)

I have an LD 1+ so no power tubes. I do prefer the E182CC to the 5687 as a driver. However, the E182CC is not as powerful as the 5687, 0.6A heaters compared to 0.9A heaters. So it should be fine with HD600, but likely not as good as the 5687 with low-Z cans.

The E182CC was manufactured in Heerlen, Holland (factory symbol ⊿) and Long Island, New York (factory symbol *). The Heerlen tube is a bit more lush, but both are very good.

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #9,950 of 13,432
Hey guys. After replacing the Tung Sol 6080 that broke (?) with a new one. I can confirm the Little Dot IV has reached a new better level! Whan an upgrade! System has been stable for the last 2 hours. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #9,952 of 13,432
can i quickly ask i have just got into the world of tubes and wow what a variety we
have to choose from , i just had my mk11 delivered , my laptop has packed up and all
i have as a source is my dap the ibasso dx50 my question is how do i connect it to my little dot mk11
i dont want to buy the wrong cable does anyone know how .

cheers guys . 
L3000.gif

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #9,953 of 13,432
  can i quickly ask i have just got into the world of tubes and wow what a variety we
have to choose from , i just had my mk11 delivered , my laptop has packed up and all
i have as a source is my dap the ibasso dx50 my question is how do i connect it to my little dot mk11
i dont want to buy the wrong cable does anyone know how .

iBasso line out 3.5 jack to Little Dot RCA input jacks.

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #9,955 of 13,432
Glad you are enjoying them. :)

I have an LD 1+ so no power tubes. I do prefer the E182CC to the 5687 as a driver. However, the E182CC is not as powerful as the 5687, 0.6A heaters compared to 0.9A heaters. So it should be fine with HD600, but likely not as good as the 5687 with low-Z cans.

The E182CC was manufactured in Heerlen, Holland (factory symbol ⊿) and Long Island, New York (factory symbol *). The Heerlen tube is a bit more lush, but both are very good.
I know u have an LD 1+ but hoped you tested them on your Glenn as output tubes(probably are not compatible).I know, at least
theoretical, tubes like 6SN7 or 6AS7 are better for high Z hphones like my SENN HD600 but right now the sound on my setup is quite good but definitely i'm gonna try everything on my LD(with C3G drivers) including the last step-6AS7.
I need to ask you something else maybe is a stupid question but...if right now i have 5687 to 6n6 adapters i can only buy 6sn7 to 5687 adapters? instead of buying socket savers for output.
I forgot to mention that all setup is dead silent,no hum at all because with that height i was little scared ,lol and the amp is colder probably heat dissipation is better.

Thanks!

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #9,956 of 13,432
Hey guys
I just purchased the little dot mk11 and I'm pretty new to tube amps
I have looked at the manual and it's pretty confusing
The part about the jumper pins
Does the mk11 have two pins sets or three pin sets
Can't quite work out were to put the jumpers to accept
The EF95 tubes
Can anyone help please .

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #9,957 of 13,432
I need to ask you something else maybe is a stupid question but...if right now i have 5687 to 6n6 adapters i can only buy 6sn7 to 5687 adapters? instead of buying socket savers for output.
I forgot to mention that all setup is dead silent,no hum at all because with that height i was little scared ,lol and the amp is colder probably heat dissipation is better.

If I understand your question correctly, then yes, it is perfectly OK to stack the two adapters, a 6SN7 to 5687 and a 5687 to 6N6, to allow the use of 6SN7s as power tubes in your LD . In fact, since I have yet to purchase a 5687 to 6SN7 adapter, I do something like this to run 5687 in my Glenn: two stacked adapters, a 5687 to 6N6 and a 6N6 to 6SN7. It's ugly, but it works fine.

Cheers

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #9,958 of 13,432
Hey guys
I just purchased the little dot mk11 and I'm pretty new to tube amps
I have looked at the manual and it's pretty confusing
The part about the jumper pins
Does the mk11 have two pins sets or three pin sets
Can't quite work out were to put the jumpers to accept
The EF95 tubes
Can anyone help please .

It depends on which version of the MKII you have. Over the years, some have switches, some have two-pin jumpers and some have three-pin jumpers. You will need to open up the amp to see which configuration you have.

Which tubes did you order with the amp? 

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #9,959 of 13,432
If I understand your question correctly, then yes, it is perfectly OK to stack the two adapters, a 6SN7 to 5687 and a 5687 to 6N6, to allow the use of 6SN7s as power tubes in your LD . In fact, since I have yet to purchase a 5687 to 6SN7 adapter, I do something like this to run 5687 in my Glenn: two stacked adapters, a 5687 to 6N6 and a 6N6 to 6SN7. It's ugly, but it works fine.

Cheers
Yes G u understand perfectly, much appreciated your quick response!

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #9,960 of 13,432
  gibosi: Cleaned pins with alcohol. Used the scrap with knife thingy. Cleaned with alcohol again. Plugged in, turned them on. The heaters glow evenly and the temperature is somewhat equal to the other tube but still no sound. Swapped tubes into the sockets and the same. :frowning2: anyway the replacement I ordered is arriving tomorrow.  I remember it well, first time I powerd them that tube light up blue and I saw a spark. Maybe it shorted? Thanks!

Hi WeirdChild.

Yep...blue flash + spark is pretty well guaranteed disaster...had a (used) GEC/OSRAM A1834 (6AS7G) power tube do that once - nearly gave me a heart attack, lol!
eek.gif
...Luckily, the great guys at Langrex (UK) here sent me another...
biggrin.gif

Hey guys. After replacing the Tung Sol 6080 that broke (?) with a new one. I can confirm the Little Dot IV has reached a new better level! Whan an upgrade! System has been stable for the last 2 hours. 
wink_face.gif

Glad you agree this upgrade does indeed make quite a difference...and is well worth the effort, if you can manage it...WELL DONE!  
beerchug.gif

Hi guyz,
I finally received the adapters for my sweet C3G's from China and tested the vintage Sylvania 5687/Siemens C3G combo 3 days and all i can say is wow,amazing , a worthy upgrade even if i paid until now about 120$ wich for me is quite expensive.
Im so bad to describing the sound but for me is clearer,powerfull,more spacious and refined ,so better in all aspects on my system with Sennheiser HD600.Now i wait for a pair of Philips E182CC wich is possible to be better than Sylvania's(Gibosi maybe u tested them on your amp), will see and next i have reserved 2 pairs of 6SN7WGTA Sylvania and Tung Sol from a seller in my country(but i need adapters first).
Some photos including a playlist that i tested the tubes:

With this ocasion i need to say THANKS to Hypnos1 who discovered the C3G's for our amps-you are amazing man,at first nobody hear you how good they are:D,Gibosi ''the GOD OF TUBES'' for me:D, who tested every possible combination for our LD'S,Mordy and Mikelap always nice to help and try everything,Acapella11,Audiofanboy,TrollDragon and I'm sure there are many others.
At first i wasn't so sure is gonna be a big change in comparison with 6N6P-IR/EI-6HM5 combo(i remember Mikelap said he did not notice big difference between WA6 and LD MK3 upgraded wich for me was hard to believe at that time)but for newcommers please make this upgrades you will no regret it.

THANKS!

And THANKS to you too, bb, for your appreciation. The C3g has indeed been taken on board by a good many now...(I even see it has appeared on a WooAudio amp, lol!)...and with good justification IMHO...
wink.gif
...CHEERS! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back