LIttle Dot MKIV as a preamp
Feb 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

martybu141

New Head-Fier
I've been saving up to purchase a little dot MK IV because everyone says a lot of great things about it... for headphones.  I know this is a headphone forum but no one really talks about how well it works as a pre-amp for speakers.  Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about it when used for that?

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 8
I don't have an MK IV but I use two of their older units as pre-amps for two different power amps and they have worked great.

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #3 of 8
If you like your bass solidly in control, the Little Dot Mk IV doesn't really do wonders in that department, but for everything else i have no complaints really with it driving my KRK RP5s.

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #4 of 8
If you like your bass solidly in control, the Little Dot Mk IV doesn't really do wonders in that department, but for everything else i have no complaints really with it driving my KRK RP5s.

Have you tried rolling the driver tubes?

Feb 15, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 8
Nope it's on the stock tubes CV4010

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 8
i purchased it and it is reeeaaaaaaly quiet even with the gain turned all the way up and the volume turned all the way up.  im using grado 225is and active monitors the headphones are super quiet and the speakers turned all the way up sounds like they are turned up to a 3.  should i send it back for another?  or are they all like that?

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #8 of 8
One thing I've noticed about my MK IV SE is that when I have both the headphones plugged in and have it connected to my power amps it does not seem to have as much volume and the sound loses detail.  Now I always make sure I only have one thing connected to it at a time.  Even having the amps connected but not turned on seems to drain it of power for headphone listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back